I have a TravelMate 6592G and need to replace de video card.

Options
karex
karex Member Posts: 6 New User

The original card is ATI Radeon X2300-H which is no longer manufactured. Can anyone tell me what card is compatible now?

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Unfortunately you have a discret graphic adapter (Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT) on the motherboard.

That means you need a new motherboard. There isn't a graphic board for this model.

Note:

P/N: LX.TNE0Z.107

Model: TravelMate 6592G-602G16n

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • karex
    Options

Hi,

Can't find it, half of the back is in Chinese. Can you give me a clue about what it should look like?

• laurent_14
    Options

You'll find it on the label sticked in the lower case (S/N: ) or in the bios setup utility.

France
  • karex
    Options

I can't access the bio, with the burned out card all I get is a green tint on the screen. The sticker underneath has one set of 11-digits labeled "SNID", that's the closest I could find to anything that looks like it could be a serial number. The first ten digits are: ***** Could this be it?

Thanks!

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Sorry! In this case, you'll find a characters string under the barcode. Give me only the first ten.

France
  • karex
    Options

Hi,

OK just beneath the bar code is a long string. The first 10 characters are: LXTNE[zero]Z[one][zero]7

Thanks!

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Unfortunately you have a discret graphic adapter (Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT) on the motherboard.

That means you need a new motherboard. There isn't a graphic board for this model.

Note:

P/N: LX.TNE0Z.107

Model: TravelMate 6592G-602G16n

France
  • karex
    Options

Oh darn, wouldn't you know it that it's just my luck. I suppose this could get expensive. Do you know then what motherboard I need to search for? Provided of course I can still find one?

Thanks!

• karex
    Options

Oh, sorry, now I noticed that you have already placed a part number!

Thanks so much!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1- The part number stated in my previous reply is the laptop part number.

2- A stupid question:  

Have you tried to connect it to an external monitor or a LCD TV in using the VGA or HDMI port?

[Fn]+[F5] - Display toggle: Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

3- Do you use the Windows pre-intalled version of your laptop?

France