BIOS version for TM5742 from V1.21 to V1.30

Options
VusiXC
VusiXC Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, Can i update my BIOS version from V1.21 to V1.30 straight away without having to install versions in between V1.21 to V1.30?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,093 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

I think you are mistaken model. I only found these bios versions (last version 1.23) for TravelMate 5740:

BIOSAcerUpdates OEM SLIC table of non-Windows OS to 0xFF.1.235.6 MB2011/05/23Download
    BIOSAcerBIOS1.215.6 MB2011/03/21Download
    France
  • VusiXC
    Options

Yes i am mistaken, it's TM5742

Thanks

• VusiXC
    Options
    BIOSAcerBIOS1.306.7 MB2012/11/13Download
  • laurent_14
    Options

No problem but if your laptop works perfectly, it's not necessarily to update it.

I recommend to flash the bios under DOS with an USB Flash Drive (more sure).

France
  • VusiXC
    Options

The reason i'm considering BIOS update is i cannot install windows 7 on my new HDD, i can install win X though but not win 7, i tried installing it with a recovery cd that i made and with 3 different win 7 OS CDs

Thanks

• laurent_14
    Options

I suggest you to read the IronFly's reply about HDD completly wiped (message 3 of 6).

France
  • VusiXC
    Options

Thanks for everything PathFinder

The solution in my case was changing the Ram, then it worked, it's strange because with the Ram i had i could install win XP Professional but not win7 Professional, so i changed the Ram then i was able install win7 Professional

Thanks a lot