Another travelmate 6592G with a video card problem: black screen.

Options
AUGUSTOT
AUGUSTOT Member Posts: 2 New User

Model 6592G-301G16N, year 2007, P/N: LX.TLT0Z.094, windows vista pack 2.

The problem is the following: coming out from hibernation my display screen was black.

At the restart the display vision was corrupted, enlarged and with vertical stripes.

Only adding an external monitor to the vga (analogic) output my lap seems to work fine (using the dvi-d port I have the usual result: a black screen); the switch from the display screen and the external monitor doesn't work.

If I'm not wrong the problem seems to be in the ati mobility radeon x2400-xt (128mb DDR2) video card.

Now, how to fix it? Just replacing its GPU chip? Or by replacing the whole video card with a new compatible one (which one?)? Or should I change the entire mo.bo. with a new one (which one?)?

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,139 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1- Have you checked the connection of the LCD panel (LCD cable)?

2- Could you give the part number of the motherboard? 

You'll find it like this (ex: MB.PT401.001):

Image-1.jpg

France
  • AUGUSTOT
    AUGUSTOT Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

1) no I have not.....but I saw the following blue screen: "attempt to reset the display driver failed: Stop:0x00000116(0x91FCA450,0x8FA1E004,0x00000000,0x00000002)

2)Is it possible to get that motherboard no. without "opening" my laptop? I'm still using it.

Thanks.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,139 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1- Have you tried to press the bottom of the screen (bezel) when you use the laptop display?

2- This is the only way.

France