Acer TravelMate P455-MG webcam isn't detected?

Mkieler3
Mkieler3 Member Posts: 2 New User

So I never used my webcam after the first month or so of using my laptop, but when I took it out of the box, I knew it worked because it worked when I set up Skype. Now I'm leaving to college and went to check if my webcam worked only to find that Skype couldn't find it. I proceeded to look under Imaging Devices in Device Manager and there's nothing there. I can see the built in webcam, and it's worked at some point, so I don't understand what happened to it. I initially got my computer about 2 years ago with Windows 7 as my OS, now updated to Windows 10. Other than that, there haven't been changes major enough for me to think I broke the webcam. I would try a rollback but I have no idea when this would've happened at this point because I only remember my webcam working right when I got the computer. I've surfed through a couple forums and thought I might need "Crystal Eye Webcam" drivers, but I've found no official Acer licensed places to download that and would prefer not to get malware as a result of attempting to fix this problem.

Thanks for your time and hope you can help,

-Mkieler3

Answers