Acer Travel Mate X3 TMX349-M-757X

Shadz
Shadz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, I have an Acer Travel Mate X3 TMX349-M-757X.

Specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6500U

Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM

Storage: 512 GB SSD

When I open the File Explorer in Windows 7, I see two partitions that are equal in size. [Acer C and Data D] both 222 GB

Why am I not able to use the majority of the SSD space? Why is the SSD split in half? What's the other half utilized for?

Why was this computer advertised as having a 512 GB SSD, when in reality I'm only allocated half?

Will a system recovery (format/rebuild) take advantage of the entire SSD?

File Explorer ScreenshotFile Explorer Screenshot

Answers

• knuxfanwin8
    knuxfanwin8 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter

As it's empty, I think the Data partition is just an additional partition made for different uses. If you want to merge both partitions, you should search for partitioning software and guides.

• iNclement
    iNclement Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited December 2017
    To merge partition, Go to start right click on Computer and select Manage - Click on Disk Management - Right click on Data (D:) and Delete Volume, Make sure you transfer all files that you need from Data (D:) to Acer (C:) before you Delete Volume! All Data will be Deleted once you've Deleted Volume! Now you have 222 GB Unallocated....Next, Right click on Acer (C:) and select  Extend Volume and please do a YouTube search on How to Extend Volume just to be safe! 
  • RitaB
    RitaB Member Posts: 1 New User
    iNclement,
    I've done this process before, successfully.  I was able to Delete Volume (D:), and had the space displaying as unallocated.  However, when I tried to Extend the Volume, the option was greyed out.  Any other suggestions?  In the interim, I created a new Simple Volume with the Unallocated space.  

Thanks