Acer Extensa | Laptop restarts during boot

TemporaryUse89
TemporaryUse89 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Greetings to the visitors of my post, I am requesting assistance please to how to stop my laptop from restarting once reaching the loading screen for the operating system.

I have recently purchased a new computer (Acer Extensa 4620-4431), and attempted to transfer my hard drive from my previous laptop (Acer Extensa 4420-5963) to this model. The Acer 4420 has Windows Vista is this information will assist the reader. After completing the task and starting the computer, the computer will quickly flash a blue screen upon loading the operating systen and restart the computer.

I have used the System Restore and the Startup Repair, but the problem continues. I am unable to access Safe Mode since the laptop will restart before loading the files. I have an additional hard drive with the same files from the 4420 and tried that, but the problem occurs during that hard drive also. I am not certain if the computer having the Windows XP operating system is the reason, or if I did not handle the hard drives properly when transferring files using a USB to SATA adapter cable. I ask what solutions can be helpful for able to use either hard drive in this laptop?