W700and Windows 8.1 preview

Options

Has anyone had any luck installing the preview? I just get a 'This update is not applicable to your computer' when I try. :-(It seems to be launching the correct installer Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64.msu. CBS.log shows:

2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    SQM: Queued 0 file(s) for upload with pattern: C:\WINDOWS\servicing\sqm\*_std.sqm, flags: 0x2
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    SQM: Queued 0 file(s) for upload with pattern: C:\WINDOWS\servicing\sqm\*_all.sqm, flags: 0x6
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    NonStart: Set pending store consistency check.
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    Session: 30307041_22372457 initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent.
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    Failed to internally open package. [HRESULT = 0x800f0805 - CBS_E_INVALID_PACKAGE]
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    Failed to OpenPackage using worker session [HRESULT = 0x800f0805]
2013-06-26 19:49:55, Info                  CBS    Read out cached applicability from TiLight for package: Package_for_KB2849636~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.2.1.7, ApplicableState: 112, CurrentState:0
2013-06-26 19:51:55, Info                  CBS    Idle processing thread terminated normally
2013-06-26 19:51:55, Info                  CBS    Trusted Installer is shutting down because: SHUTDOWN_REASON_AUTOSTOP
2013-06-26 19:51:55, Info                  CBS    TiWorker signaled for shutdown, going to exit.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

The very same file worked perfectly for me this morning. But a word of advice, wait.

Windows 8.1 seems to have some issue with the Bluetooth driver as bluetooth audio driver is incompatible (will need another driver update from Qualcomm/Atheros) The driver software will be updated to a version that is not fully compatible with the table (this can be fixed by installing an older Acer driver). It also automatically unistalled my AntiVirus and Malware utilities (less of a deal). 

Although tablet seems to be working fine thus far (bluetooth audio does not work), but it could have some incompatibility issue where drivers may need to be updated.

BTW, there is also no uninstall/reverting back to 8.0 after updating. So make sure to make a backup or the only way would b to use Rescue disks.

• marqued
    marqued Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I installed it as well. I am having a problem with the bluetooth mouse and keyboard being laggy especially when opening programs and such. You guys having this problem?

• cheesecake
    cheesecake Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Same here

i've perfecly installed the preview and works fine

8.1 preview us awesome!

But Bluetooth doesn t works for any of my device

Even my msft wedge keyboard doesn t seems to be recongnized from my w700 Smiley Sad

• jason2234
    jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter
    Options

Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

Has anyone tried bluetooth drivers old and new?

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

I had to uninsatall all previous versions Bluetooth drivers and reinstall Acer bluetooth driver again to get my peripherals working again (with the exeption of bluetooth audio) 

@cheesecake Reinstall your driver and you'll get your mouse to work again.

@jason2234 I tried a couple of versions including the original Microsoft driver, none could get Bluetooth audio to work.

• cheesecake
    Options

Cool !

Can You give us a Link from where You dowload these old drivers ?

Thanks!

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

I actually just ended up using the current one available (.226) from the download section. 

• cheesecake
    Options

ok thanks

But i'm not sur what about upgrade in device driver manager

I go to device driver

Select bluetooth

And i upgrade "bluetooth usb module (i was in ".220)

is this the right device to updgrade for bluetooth ?

Because i reboot my tablet

My driver is now in 226, but bluetooth still doesn't works..

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

in device manager, uninstall the driver AND select delete driver from system. Keep on doing it until it gets to generic bluetooth driver. Once that's been done, install .226 and re-pair your devices.

• cheesecake
    Options

It's ok, it's works now!!!

My magic mouse and msft wedge keaboard are now ok with the .226 drivers

Thanks to you budy !

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

No problem, glad you got it working

• redtapenfr
    redtapenfr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Is anyone else getting the error btstack could not start? 

While I got my peripherals working, this seems to be the big issue now.  I don't know about the audio working or not working, but I know that when I try and share my connection from another device using Bluetooth or try and file share using Bluetooth that it says my device is not discoverable.  It is set to be in the preferences.

Also note that when I enter 'services' on this machine, that nothing resembling btstack or atherosstack is available.

Anyone else have similar issues?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

I'm pretty jealous... Everyone else seems to be able to install this, but I can't. :-(

I did the fix that manually installs the update and ended up with the Windows Store entry for the update, but any attempt to continue from there just left me with 'this can't be done now'. I removed the update and started over, but I got the same message as before... I must have something really screwed up on this machine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • cheesecake
    Options

Yes, me to, i've this error after each boot

• jeremiejoachim
    jeremiejoachim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanx, it worked by selecting "uninstalll" and checking "delete software for thid device" in Device Manager,then reboot and here we go, my bluetooth keyboard works agan Smiley Happy

• redtapenfr
    redtapenfr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Anyone else figure this out?  Or are we waiting on the updated driver?

• marciorr
    marciorr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'm having trouble also with the video driver. It gets an exclamation mark and says that he driver had to be stoped.

I had to revert to the last version available on the Intel site.

Anyone else having this problem?

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

@redtapenfr We likely would have to wait for a new bluetooth driver.

@marciorr When you install 8.1, it automatically installs a new HD4000 driver that isn't compatible with the W700. Just reinstall the Acer's HD4000 driver and it'll be just fine. If you install intel's instead of Acer's, you'll lose the ability to control brightness, so make sure tomuse Acer's.

• jason2234
    jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter
    Options

cant get my bluetooth to work at all ????

looks like i'll have to wait for a new bluetooth version that fixes it.

thanks for the tip for the video driver

river

• marciorr
    marciorr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

1stTimeAcer wrote:

@redtapenfr We likely would have to wait for a new bluetooth driver.

@marciorr When you install 8.1, it automatically installs a new HD4000 driver that isn't compatible with the W700. Just reinstall the Acer's HD4000 driver and it'll be just fine. If you install intel's instead of Acer's, you'll lose the ability to control brightness, so make sure tomuse Acer's.

Thanks for the help, I have never noted the brightness problem. Will change the driver now. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.