Acer iconia a510 jelly bean update for Australia

Options
earthtoomars
earthtoomars Member Posts: 3 New User

ACer when are you going to release the jelly bean update for Australia, it was released in other markets before Christmas. It is now March and still no update!!!

Best Answer

• earthtoomars
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have now updated to Jelly Bean. Forthose who can't get their a510 to update here is why. First you have to upgrade to the latest image of ICS. The image version i was on was Acer_AV041_A510_RV10RC03_AAP_AU. *How to check Image version of your A510? Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->[Image version] if you have the same image as above then you haave to upgrade.

Go to the acer support page http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers

select your model of tablet

then select the OS tab toward the bottom of the page.

download the version   Acer.AV041.A510.RV28RC08.AAP.AU. this will download a zip file. In the zip file will be 2 files one will be instructions on how to upgrade.

once you have upgraded to the latest image of ICS and the tablet has restarted after a little while you will receive a message in the bottom left notification area that a system uprade is available. This upgrade is Jelly Bean. 

Hope this helps anyone who was as oost as I was aboutnot getting the upgrade.

Answers

• earthtoomars
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have now updated to Jelly Bean. Forthose who can't get their a510 to update here is why. First you have to upgrade to the latest image of ICS. The image version i was on was Acer_AV041_A510_RV10RC03_AAP_AU. *How to check Image version of your A510? Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->[Image version] if you have the same image as above then you haave to upgrade.

Go to the acer support page http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers

select your model of tablet

then select the OS tab toward the bottom of the page.

download the version   Acer.AV041.A510.RV28RC08.AAP.AU. this will download a zip file. In the zip file will be 2 files one will be instructions on how to upgrade.

once you have upgraded to the latest image of ICS and the tablet has restarted after a little while you will receive a message in the bottom left notification area that a system uprade is available. This upgrade is Jelly Bean. 

Hope this helps anyone who was as oost as I was aboutnot getting the upgrade.

• lnorth365
    lnorth365 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thanks for this.

I have just bought one and cannot get the browser to go into landscape. I presume that it should so i am about to take it back to **bleep** Smith.

How have you found it so far?

Thanks

Larry North

• earthtoomars
    Options

the jelly bean update is awesome like a new tablet. very fast and smooth response.

• mills1080i
    mills1080i Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thankyou earthtoomers for your valuable info. I had been wondering why my A510 had not been upgraded to Jellybean and had been trawling the net for ages until I came across your post.

I wonder why Acer had not made public the fact that you needed to to upgrade the image version first.

Your post was accurate and as soon as I had installed the RV28 image t a notification appeared straight away to upgrade the OS to Jellybean.

Very pleased so far, the screen is a lot more responsive and so far no freezes which was the main reason that I was hanging out for Jellybean in the hope that it would fix these odd bugs.

It would be a good idea if Acer could post somewhere a list of the bug fixes for each version.

Anyway thanks again,

Mills1080i

• EddyBoy
    EddyBoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi earthtoomars,

I have tried upgrading my A510 using your step by step guide but I have hit a brick wall.

Upon reboot, the usual "recovery" message can be seen in the top left corner of the screen. A few seconds later the android character is shown with an exclamation mark on it (I'm guessing not a successful operation). Thinking I have bricked my tablet, about a minute later the tablet reboots without any upgrade to the latest image of ICS and I'm back to square one.

I was wondering whether this problem has occurred with anyone else and how it can be rectified?

Cheers

ED

• gjm
    gjm Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just bought 2 A510 tablets for my daughters for Christmas. I want to update to 4.1 but the image file I need is no longer on the acer site so my tablets think they are up to date. Any ideas?

• catmad
    catmad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

hey it is still there here is the file, click on link location below a window will open and then save file.

ps: when you read the pdf file make sure you format the micro sd card in fat32 or it will not work hope you get them sorted.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_Acer.AV041.A510.RV28RC08.AAP.A_A40I_A.zip?acerid=634880272840294091&Step1=TABLET&Step2=ICONIA%20A&Step3=A510&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=AAP_10

This discussion has been closed.