Acer Iconia B1 bluetooth

Onetap
Onetap Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, I've just got an Iconia B1 tablet, the first tablet I've used and am baffled by it.

I'm trying to use it to connect to my mobile phone with bluetooth to send text messages.

I've turned bluetooth on, I've paired my mobile phone with it, the phone is visible on the tablet and the tablet visible on the phone.

So how do I get to type text messages on the tablet? I would have expected some icon to open a keyboard when I tap it, but I've been fiddling for an hour or more, the manual doesn't help and I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me with this? TIA

Answers

• hunter
    hunter Member Posts: 2 New User

i have the similar problem with the bluetooth on B1.

this problem had confused me for long time ...

• Onetap

So, did you solve the problem??????????

• Onetap

In answer to my own question;

See page 22 of the Acer Iconia B1 manual.

"Only A2DP stereo headsets (playback only, no microphone) are supported. Please check for updates to the tablet's software which may add support for additional Bluetooth devices."

I've updated the software. The bluetooth recognises the phone but will not connect or exchange any data with it.

I bought this to connect to a mobile phone, since it was advertised as having Bluetooth. It was intended for someone who has a degenerative eye condition and so is having trouble seeing the screen on a mobile phone.

It won't connect to a phone.

Disappointment does not even come close to describing  how I feel after wasting a huge amount of time on this.

I'm returning it. 

• sweenytodd22
    sweenytodd22 Member Posts: 2 New User

ive paird my android phone to acer iconia b1 tablet it wont send or receive data and am baffeld why with my new tablet can you help

• sweenytodd22
    sweenytodd22 Member Posts: 2 New User

i resently bought an acer iconia tablet and it flickers when i go only on inernet can you help 

• Onetap

See reply above. The B1 has limited bluetooth capability, it will only connect to some headphones.

Anyone in the UK that has bought one advertised as having bluetooth, can get a full refund from a retail vendor, since iot is not as described. 

This discussion has been closed.