ACER W510 Windows 8.1 graphic driver

Options
2»

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Makes you wonder how high some loading the web site can count without taking their shoes off. Do know that the 8.1 and Bay Trail intros have the best people scrambling but just adding a checksum and a contents list to a zip file is five minutes work. True, a change list takes a little longer but it is entirely possible that Acer creates the updates with pacakges from Intel, Broadcom, and the rest and they don't tell Acer what is in them.

That does not explain why no checksums (FCIV is free from Microsoft) but when I run into smoke and mirrors instead of meaningful information often the person providing the information doesn't know either.

My experience is that being completely open about information and asking for help along the way and listening is a recepe for success, history is littered with forgotten companies that relied on patents and protectionism (have quite few piled in my garage).

What happens is the local geek prefers systems that are well documented. Then the surrounding neighborhood starts leaning the same way because they have someone to ask for help (how to cut and paste is different on a MAC than a PC). Or that was then. Today the local geeks are all on the I'net and make their preferences known.

One of the things I liked about my Acer netbooks was how easy they were to hot-rod with more memory and bigger disks. Have had people comment that I have Win 7-64 on a netbook and have enough RAM that I could essentially turn the pagefile off. Makes for as very fast netbook.

The Tabs I consider as still "in beta" but the 2.0, Bay Trail is almost on my desk and a 8" Win 8.1 tab with 4gb ram and a 120 GB SSD could replace many desktops. That is the piece tab mfrs don't seem to realize, the value of the enormous amount of peripheral equipment that you can use with a Windows tab. Who needs a store, it is already out there. <end rant>

• yumms
    yumms Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Acer did post a 32bit version of the drivers yesterday, but its not there today. I did download it though....here's the link. http://sdrv.ms/1bID5xP

• KnoppersKing
    KnoppersKing Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

-----UPDATE: Now it doesn't work again. I'm sorry.-----

You can find that driver under Windows 8.1 64 bit on the acer download page. But it doesn't work for me.

But it seems that the W3 has the same issue: https://community.acer.com/t5/Tablets/Acer-Iconia-W3-driver-issues-after-Windows-8-1-solution/m-p/136099#U136099

I've downloaded and installed the lenovo driver mentioned in this discussion and it seems working for me. If you want to try it, make sure you check for windows updates after the installation and disable the Intel driver.

This discussion has been closed.