TVs & Projectors

Topic

Regular Visitor
keithinchorley

Acer Projector P1303W has white dots ... DMD chip?

Hello

The charity I help has a 28month old Acer P1303W projector which now projects white dots onto the screen. Anywhere where we commonly projected black (such as the boundaries around the outside of the welcome screen) now has many white dots. Its as if the projector remembers areas which often project black and something has burnt out and now projects a white pixel.

I believe this is the DMD chip which is an expensive component deep inside the projector - probably not a DIY replacement, even if I can buy the part.

I have read that in some parts of the world the DMD chip has a 5 year warranty

Acer has listened and didnt argue when I reminded them of the 5 year DMD chip warranty and issued a reference number so that UPS will collect the projector and send it in to them for repair - Does anybody have experience of Acer's UK treatment of warranty claims on DMD chips?

mpp
New Visitor
mpp

Re: Acer Projector P1303W has white dots ... DMD chip?

Hello,

The P1303W is the second Acer projector I bought, both of them started to produce dead pixels. In a few days the entire screen was filled with dead pixels. I am hesitating about buying another Acer. Can you let me know if you could get yours repaired?

Kind regards

Regular Visitor
keithinchorley

Yes, ACER replaced the DMD chip under warranty and the projector is working again.

The projector itself was 24months old so outside warranty, but I successfully argued that the DMD chip was separately warrantied for 5 years, and so ACER carried out the repair without charge

New Visitor
jcooksey

My projector X1130P has white dots.  How do you contact Acer to get DMD chip replaced under the 5 year warrenty for the DMD chip?

Welcome, Guest

Not A Member?   Register
Help
Language:
Member Highlight

Member philetus really stepped up this past month with 160 replies and a good share of Kudos. It looks like he is on a fast track to being a true leader here! Thank you from all of us philetus.

Frequent Contributor

Did you know?

Acer Community is also available in the following languages: