Acer H5360 HDMI issue

Options
mmramos
mmramos Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello . I have a 2 year old H5360 projector. The projector is fine if connected directly to my receiver but the PC is not  give any signal if i try to connect via hdmi directly. I am using many kind of HDMI cables and diferent sources (PC, notebooks). The funny fact is work normaly with ps3, xbox360, ps4, etc via hdmi directly. 

I can get a signal from pc devices via receiver, but is not possible activate  3d vision. 

Is it possible the new drives ( amd, nvidia) is passing a signal that the projector can't recoginize? Or is necessary a firmware update?

P.S: sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy

{removed link]

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

mmramos,

First I would definitely make sure you have the latest firmware update, but also make sure your computer is outputting a resolution that the projector supports. It seems like the HDMI port is working as you verified with other devices, so it leads me to believe it is more of a problem with configuration or settings on your PC.

Some resolutions this projector supports:

• 1,280 x 720 (720p) - Native Resolution
    • 1,600 x 1,200 (UXGA)
    • 1,920 x 1,080 (1080p)

• The_Nephilim
    The_Nephilim Member Posts: 53 New User
    Options

Hi is the Projector nVidia 3D Certified and not just a 3d Projector?? IF it is not nVidia certifed that is 1 of your Problems. If it is nVidia 3D Certified you need to use the VGA Connector it is blue with 15 pins and is Analog you can NOT use HDMI with 3D Visdion ONLY VGA and DVI

You should have known that Acer guy Smiley Wink

• mmramos
    mmramos Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, thanks for reply, but i have some observations:

1) The projector have at least 3 years and I never make a update. Your link Acer-Ryan, don't have a driver for this model and i like to know how to do that.

2) I have 2 notebook and already test this projector with 2 more computers from my friends. None of them works with HDMI. I cant believe this is bad luck. Smiley Happy

3) The_Nephilim , this projector is nVidia 3D Certified  and in the past I played with 3d nvidia glasses via HDMI. For some reason ( maybe windows 8 and 7 videodrivers i reaaly don know), don't work anymore.  The VGA work normaly, but is not the same image quality.

4) Finally, just for remenber,  if connected directly to my receiver work normaly but the screen resolution in the windows acuse the name of receiver and not the projector device causing the disable of 3d vision.

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

This projector is DLP 3D and nVIDIA 3D Vision ready.  3D signals may not pass from a PC through the receiver to the projector if the receiver does not support 3D.  You should be able to directly connect the projector to the PC and get video, assuming the PC is outputting video at a supported resolution for the projector using a known good HDMI 1.4a cable. 

You have already shown that the HDMI port works with other devices so that means that there is a setting / configurations problem on the PC end or you are not using a 1.4a HDMI cable. Or your graphic card does not meet the following:

DLP 3D ready

DLP 3D ready
        With DLP 3D ready, user can view any 120 Hz 3D frame sequential content from a PC with appropriate 120 Hz graphic card and 3D stereoscopic player or any HQFS 3D DVD title from an NTSC DVD player by wearing a DLP 3D glasses

nVIDIA 3D Vision ready

nVIDIA 3D Vision ready
        With nVIDIA 3D Vision ready, user can view any nVidia 3D Vision compliant games, movies and pictures as well as frame sequential content from a PC with appropriate nVIDIA 3D Vision compliant graphic card, nVIDIA driver or 3D stereoscopic player by wearing an nVIDIA 3D glasses

This discussion has been closed.