Switch 12 Alphar Rotation sensor in device manager missing.

Options
asmd
asmd Member Posts: 13 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

my auto rotate does not work, no option in win 10 and no device that i can see in device manager.

what sensors for rotation does the switch alpha 12 use?

can acer confirm what drivers are needed for rotation sensor.

can somebody post a screenshot of device manager showing what sensors can be seen.

might point me in some direction for a solution.

theres are several threads here with the same problem, but no resolution.

looking forward to any and all help.

Best Answer

• Kekinash_Ollp
    Kekinash_Ollp Member Posts: 4 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

I hope I'm not too late. The same happened to me after doing a Windows reset. Before that everything worked great. The solution is to here in the picture attached. You will have a Legacy Device, search you computer manually for Intel Virtual Buttons driver and select it. For the sensors do a windows device update under driver properties and let windows choose the best driver, reboot the computer and everything shoud work fine. It's not a hardware fault but a drivers missap.

Sketch.png

Answers

• Kekinash_Ollp
    Options

Here my Device Manager screenshot:

Sketch.png

• asmd
    Options

thank you for the pic.. 

intel has "HID advanced sensor collection v2"

microsoft has "HID sensor collection v2"

tried both, the intel driver does not give error, says device working ok, but does nothing to solve the issue.

the microsoft driver, whicj looks just like the pic you posted gives an error "this device cannot start (code 10))...

kionix driver also does not give error but doesnt solve the problem.

there has to be a simple solution to this.

Sketch.png

could you show the driver details... mine shows this.

Sketch (1).png

thank you for the help.

• Canadaloon
    Canadaloon Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi, my Device Manager shows 2 identical drivers for the two 'HID sensor collection v2.' One is labeled 'location 0' and the other 'location 1.' The 'Driver Details' are exactly the same for both of them. Below are screen captures of them for you to see.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers, Canadaloon.

HID Sensor Drivers.JPGHID Sensor Drivers Details.JPG

Love my Switch Alpha 12!

• Canadaloon
    Canadaloon Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi again,

I just found this in 'Settings' Just thought I would see if that helps. I typed 'rotate' in the 'find a setting' box.

Rotation Setting.JPG

Love my Switch Alpha 12!

• asmd
    Options

that option is missing from my machine. like so.

Sketch (4).png

see... no option because win 10 cannot see the orientation sensor either because of a driver issue or the senso does not work.

with the microsfot driver, i get a plain out error, with the kionix and intel advanced v2 drivers, sensors are said to work ok, but not detected by win 10.

i have a couple of more days before my return window expires, and if this is a hardware fault, its going back for a new one. staying away from refubs next time... 

• Kekinash_Ollp
    Answer ✓
    Options

I hope I'm not too late. The same happened to me after doing a Windows reset. Before that everything worked great. The solution is to here in the picture attached. You will have a Legacy Device, search you computer manually for Intel Virtual Buttons driver and select it. For the sensors do a windows device update under driver properties and let windows choose the best driver, reboot the computer and everything shoud work fine. It's not a hardware fault but a drivers missap.

Sketch.png

• asmd
    Options

Woo Hoo!

works like it should now!

but theres a catch... or an addendum of sorts. intergrated sensor solution driver was missing. i googled for it and found one on a lenovo site. installed that and followed the rest of the directions.

ACER.. listen up. the sensor driver on your support site DOES NOT WORK> Caused me no end of grief. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6806?b=1

The driver from here worked. - http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds118465

Thanks all for the replies and help.

Its much appreciated!

• Craige
    Craige Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Thx Mate... After months of troubleshooting and facing same problem everytime i re-install OS, you finally nailed it.

It is the missing Sensor driver that is causing all the chaos.

You the man 4 me :-)

• Craige
    Craige Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Does Acer have Sensor Driver on its support page ? I cannot see any...