Brightness issue with aspire switch 10

Options
Ahzriaz
Ahzriaz Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an annoyance with the screen of an aspire switch 10.
The brightness level continuously changes. It isn't dependend on surrounding light because I turned off adaptive brightness. (When I put a lamp on the light sensor nothing happens).

For example: it happens when I switch between metro and desktop mode. In noticable steps the screens turns a little bit brighter or darker. It also happens when watching movies, opening programs, almost always when the displayed image changes.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Kind regards.

Best Answer

• michael07
    michael07 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

To solve this problem I have done this.

On the desktop, right-click. Graphics Properties. Power. I turned off the power saving technology screen.

I hope it works to you too.

dell81_flick.png

Answers

• michael07
    michael07 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

On the desktop, right-click. Graphics Properties. Power. I turned off the power saving technology screen.

dell81_flick.png

• Ahzriaz
    Ahzriaz Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Thank you very much michael07. Turning energy saving off worked.

Thanks this a lot better. Now hope the button issue gets resolved quickly. Very happy with the tablet except for hanging of the windows logo.

• swich10
    swich10 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Thanks a lot.
    This solves the problem.

• bisharat
    bisharat Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I'm having a brightness issue except that I already did turn off the adaptive brightness. Basically when I try to manually change brightness by keyboard or by going to the power options, the brightness doesnt change until i restart the laptop. any fix for this? Do I have to reinstall the intel graphics driver?

• Anavnaj
    Anavnaj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Great find, thank you very much. Do you have any idea how much does turning the power saving option off influence the battery life?
  • dandl
    dandl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello, bisharat.  Did you solve the brightness issue?  I am having the same issue especially after I closed aspire swith 10 in a clamshell style.  If you found any solution, would you let me know it?  Thanks. 

• ash6555
    ash6555 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thanks very much for your solution.  I spent hours changing display adapters, uninstalling updates and reinstalling through the device manager and every time i closed the lid the brightness buttons stopped working.  Your fix worked for me.

michael07 wrote:

dell81_flick.png