Acer Switch Alpha 12 - Factory Restore & Recovery questions

Options
Craige
Craige Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I just bought new Acer Switch Alpha 12 Laptop hybrid 3 days back.

I wanted a fresh copy of Win 10 OS with latest updates hence I downloaded the .iso from Microsoft directly and installed it and working perfectly, but i have few queries:

1] Now, is there a way to ever install Acer version of windows 10 that came with the Laptop ?

2] When I enter bios, on SSD there seems to be a recovery partition created by Acer – Can I install original acer version from this partition? Let me know how. (Photo Attached below)

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2504ej4.jpg[/IMG]

3] I want to create a Recovery Drive backup and when I try to do it by using windows built in Recovery drive options I get the message “a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive”. – Is it because there is already a recovery partition on my SSD that acer created ?

4] If I again re-install my OS, can I delete all partitions safely – I just wana make sure I wont loose my key that way.

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • keynerajs93
    keynerajs93 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 but I experienced BSOD with apps from the Store that uses the camera (I think because of the drivers) so I decided to use the recovery option but unfortunatly I lost my usb with my recovery info. So after reading your post, I would like to ask if you make a recovery backup? and if you can share it with me?

Thank you in advance,

Keyner Jara

• JosephLecomte
    JosephLecomte Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    To jump to recovery partition on startup, you absolutely have to use a USB keyboard because your factory keyboard is not recognized at bios startup phase.

Once you have your keyboard plugged in, you just hold ALT and hit F10 on startup right after pressing the power button.

Then, just follow the steps guiding you through a full reset of your acer unit.

Hope it does it,

Joseph
  • ndl318
    ndl318 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    can you please speak english?

1. same version, dont matter
    2. answered above
    3. you need usb drive
    4. yes if you want, the key goes along with your specs, so dont worry