Acer Aspire SW5-012 emmc problem

InSane
InSane Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Product: Acer Aspire SW5-012 with Hynix HBG4e 32gb emmc and 500GB laptop sata hdd.
So the system (WIN 8.1) was on 32gb emmc memory. Screen was blinking from black to normal etc. After few days when you turn power on there is msg: No bootable device.
I have booted from pendrive various tools from GParted to Diskpart and Testdisk. Diagnostic from Diskpart showing healthy  32 emmc with 4 partition on it. Filesystem showing RAW. I don`t care about data on it. I tried to format it, delete all partition and nothing working. When I delete all partition in GParted from this 32gb emmc it is done well but after few seconds rescanning disks and all 4 partition all of sudden showing again with RAW filesystem I can`t format.
All in all I have problem to do anything with this 32gb emmc. Can`t format (Diskpart done that but it still shows RAW), can`t delete partition, can`t install windows on it (error msg: volume is not formated lalalalala error 0x80070057).
Is it bricked already?
I think that probably firmware of this emmc is damaged...

Any ideas I tried almsot everything....

I didn`t tried yet linux fdisk format. You think it is worth it? Do any of you have drivers for Hynix HBG4e? Any help welcome Smiley Happy

Answers

• yspitz
    yspitz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi InSane, i have the exact same problem with my ASUS X205T, the same Hynix 32GB. 3 days now I'm roaming looking for a soultion to understand how to gain control back on that. Maybe you found a soultion already? thanks.

[inappropriate content removed]

• InSane
    InSane Member Posts: 2 New User

Nothing helped at the end. It is either bricked emmc or smth bad happen with firmware on this emmc chips. I tried linux format and same result - nothing. Just can`t format it and can`t delete partition. The sad thing is the chips are soldered to motherboard. If you find anything let me know.

• sephiroth144
    sephiroth144 Member Posts: 9 New User

What about the fdisk command you mentionned earlier, did you test it ? What about upgrading your bios/uefi ?

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• lucky86
    lucky86 Member Posts: 4 New User
    @InSane did you manage to solve problems? I have the same problem. I've been suffering for three days