ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

samsilog
samsilog Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I got my Acer Aspire Switch 10 just 2weeks ago. Everything seems fine until yesterday.

I was using the unit, charger plugged in (blue indicator light present), then it just shut down. I tried restarting it and it wont open. The monitor was becoming warm.

Now, I plugged it in (orange indicator light present), it is just a blank screen. I tried pressing the power button for about 30 seconds then press the power and volume down button (I read it somewhere), but the monitor just blinked black and gray many time.

Can someone help me with this please. Desperate here. Thank you!!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Sorry to hear that you have issues with new windows tablet,

If you are using Aspire SW5-01, you will find a reset pinhole between Microphone and MicroSD card slot.  Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the tablet

If the power indicator is blue steady then the computer is fully charged and plugged in.
    Amber Steady, then the computer is charging and plugged in.
    If Amber Blinking, then the battery is critically low or abnormal battery
    If the indicator is Off, the computer is off.
  • samsilog
    New update: When I plug in the charger, there is no light present in the power button.

This is getting worse.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Contact your seller or Acer support service, this is for sure an hardware failure.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • samsilog
    Thats probably the best thing to do! Thank you everyone! Smiley Sad
  • Mateo_hun
    Mateo_hun Member Posts: 1 New User

HI, Just bought the FHD version, and having trouble with the sleep mode.

The power indicator led is not functioning  when not on charger. When charger plugged in orange light.

But this is not the main problem.

The device seemingly goes to sleep mode when folded or power button pressed. Hdd stops, screen turns off. But somethings eats the battery, the device is totally depleted within 4-5 hours (When in sleep mode)

Puzzled.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Can be an installed application or wifi that doesn't go to sleep mode.

try a simple reboot and check battery consumption again.

if it still drain battery, go to settings/battery and check the application that use it the most.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Jylharris
    Jylharris Member Posts: 2 New User
    I need to know how to install the windows updates on the Acer Aspire Switch 10 because I keep getting a message stating that the updates couldn't be completed. I need help because there are important updates that need to be installed.
  • Jylharris
    Jylharris Member Posts: 2 New User
    Samsilog your suggestion you read about helped me. Thanks I was getting so frustrated.
  • Kahvila
    Kahvila Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Smsilog,

I have same problem as you had. I bought Acer aspire switch 10 two days ago. Now I am not able to turn on the laptop.

There is blue light when I plug in the charger but there is no light after taking out the charger. And laptop is not getting turned on.

Please help me and gide me how have you solved your problem.

Answer please!

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

More information please. If you can turn it on with the charger connected, what is the power (ikon in tray) level ? What happens if it is turned on and reporting a charge level over 25% if you just unplug the charger ?

On my tabs, I make all buttons "shut down" and not "sleep". If I want it to sleep I se the charms.

In general I keep wifi and GPS (if present) live during power reduction activities and allow automagic sleep only on battery. I shut machines down when not in use.

• francobaronio
    francobaronio Member Posts: 2 New User

hi there,

how can i reset my aspire switch 10 in order to turn it on again if mine has no reset pinhole ?

thanks,

Franco

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

francobaronio wrote:

hi there,

how can i reset my aspire switch 10 in order to turn it on again if mine has no reset pinhole ?

thanks,

Franco

Long press on the power button will turn it off, even if it's stuck in sleep mode.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • francobaronio
    francobaronio Member Posts: 2 New User

hi there,

thanks for the answer,

sorry, i didnt explain myself correctly,

it shut down itself and i cant turn it on again, 

i read in this blog an in other sites that it happens to a lot of people, 

i read also that theres a reset pinhole in some models to solve this problem, but mine doesnt have it, i try to hold the power button for 1 minutte and try to turn it on but didnt work...

i bougth it a month ago and its already dead...

please help...

• Zerald
    Zerald Member Posts: 2 New User

Any update on this?

I met same proble.... it shuted down itself and I can't turn it on again.

How to hard reset it?  (press and hold power button  - no effect).

SW5-012-10JN

• SLA
    SLA Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm still having this problem.  After years of perfect performance from my Acer laptop, I am being driven crazy by my tablet.  I wish I could send it back but it's too late for that.  What a nuisance it is!

• SLA
    SLA Member Posts: 4 New User

This morning my tablet finally turned on and did some updates (?).  Now it's working again but for how long?  I'm going to Europe in a few weeks and I'm really worried about having to depend on this tablet.  It seems to have a mind of it's own.

• mesamoh
    mesamoh Member Posts: 5 New User

I have also experienced the same situation, what was the solution for you?

• Zerald
    Zerald Member Posts: 2 New User

For me the solution was service center - they replaced mainboard... btw after hw reparing in sc power consumpition and temperature of the tablet dramatically descreased... so, it looks that this sample had some factory defect.

• djose3032
    djose3032 Member Posts: 1 New User
    hey, so i have an Acer switch one 10, ive tried taking it apart and doing everything as described to get my battery to turn on, but for some reason it wont let me disconnect the battery? its super glued shut, its the switch one 10, not the switch 10, please get back to me asap, i need to get it working.....