r5-471t fake ghost touches all over screen when plugged in

fatanim
fatanim Member Posts: 8 New User

r5-471t ghost touches appear all over the screen when it is plugged in only, when unplugged its fine? I have to press fn+f10 to turn the touch screen off when it is plugged in or else the touch screen goes wild?

-

I already returned it to default and used other power outlets and its the same..

-

Any ideas?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

If you know someone who has the same laptop, try their charger or take it to a local computer shop and ask to try a charger. Your charger should be Output: 19V 2.37A 45W

• fatanim

I noticed it does this only when plugged in and at MAX brightness. If I turn the brightness down while its plugged in, it works fine. I guess the screen is sipping too much juice when its plugged in and at full brightness?

Is this normal.. and is there a setting or something that needs adjustment?

• philetus

Go here http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Find your laptop "Notebook/Aspire/R5-471t"

And update your bios and drivers. The latest Bios is dated 4/19/2016 

and the I/O driver is 10/21/2015.

Have you had the laptop longer than this?

• fatanim

Turns out its the charger..I confirmed this when I went back to the store I bought it from and tried my laptop on the display models charger there. Returning the charger for replacement. It is still under warranty 

Thanks for your help

• philetus

Good to hear. Glad it's fixed.

• juanx78
    juanx78 Member Posts: 1 New User

This is very helpful! I will try this.

I bought an Acer R5-471t about a month ago and I am having exactly the same issue with ghost touches all over the screen, only happening when plugged in. 

Thanks for your input.