how do you get the R7 to rotate display 90 degrees in tablet mode?

christexaport
christexaport Member Posts: 16 New User

It seems an update has broken Ezel software service, and I am unable to get the display to rotate to 90° in tablet mode. I also no longer see the on screen notification of rotation services like before. I am running Win 8.1 fully updated, with orientation device driver 6.3.9600.16384. I have no clue what the issue is....

Best Answer

• christexaport
    Answer ✓

ok, weirdest thing ever. FIgured the issue out. The touch keyboard had become corrupt. I used the touch keyboard troubleshooter to fix another issue, and voila! Rotation of Ezel restored. I think Chrome is borking the touch keyboard operations from time to time, not sure. But I know I fixed my issue. No spending required. Smiley Tongue

A link to download the touch keyboard troubleshooter is at the bottome of this page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard

Answers

• Khan_Riyas85
    Khan_Riyas85 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Please try with Ctrl + Alt + <Arrow keys>.

Regards

Riyas Khan

• christexaport

That is a fine workaround, but I paid a considerable amount of money so I could use my device as a tablet and walk around. There are no keys present in tablet mode, so I would have to open the laptop and do this key press just to get the normal performance. This thing is supposed to have an Ezel sensor with added software to give this feature. I'm beginning to think I've been duped... Windows Update has broken the device to the point I'm ready to buy a new laptop.

• christexaport

BTW, I should say that I have tried uninstalling the Ezel software to no avail. I reinstalled it, but still have no solution.

• christexaport
    Answer ✓

ok, weirdest thing ever. FIgured the issue out. The touch keyboard had become corrupt. I used the touch keyboard troubleshooter to fix another issue, and voila! Rotation of Ezel restored. I think Chrome is borking the touch keyboard operations from time to time, not sure. But I know I fixed my issue. No spending required. Smiley Tongue

A link to download the touch keyboard troubleshooter is at the bottome of this page:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/using-touch-keyboard