hideous display

Options
sparked
sparked Member Posts: 24 New User

Hello

About 6 months ago I purchased an Acer Aspire E15 551 laptop for school and home. Since the first day though I have had problems with the touch pad and the lcd display. I'm curious if anyone else has similar display issues to me as I'm  considering trying for a refund/tradein/reimburstment of some kind at this point.  I can't take pictures of the problem, but i'll describe it. The LCD display when tilted forwards (away from me) at any angle other than looking directly into it produces a grainy static like appearance on white/grey colors. The further you angle it the worse it becomes. I'll put it this way, when I load the google homepage, it looks like some kind of neat special effect as 'GOOGLE" stands out against a static moving background (think old tv set with no reception). Unfortunately it's an undesired effect.  So, that becomes particularly problematic at times like right now where the lighting for some reason makes me have to angle it. If I angle backwards (towards me) the screen becomes washed out looking and difficult to read for me, leaving me no choice but the grainy static.

I have sent the laptop in for repairs once and they replaced the touchpad (which wasn't any better than the old one) and told me the lcd display is pretty much an enigma and that they tried replacing the panel and the board, then tried to tell me it has desireable qualities and is just how lcd displays work. Having owned several lcd display laptops in my life, I know better than this. It's the ONLY laptop I have ever seen do it. There is nothing desireable at all about this.

So I'm kind of at a loss here. I wanted this laptop to work out, but between the touchpad and this lcd problem It's quickly becoming my least favorite laptop I've ever owned. To make matters worse, when I sent it in for repair the laptop was in perfect working order aside for the issues that made me send it in. When I got it back, I had a note saying that the webcam had been damaged and replaced. Well, prior to sending it in I HAD used my webcam and thought it was at least one redeeming feature as it gave a pretty good picture. It doesn't anymore. It's a grainy *** now that I just taped over becuase I'll never use it. I don't know how or what happened, but at this point I regret sending it in as it's in worse shape than it was before sending it in.

Sorry about going off topic there, I get kind of ranty when I think about this topic for too long. Anyways, am I the only one experiencing this kind of *****?

Some relevent specs on this particular laptop:

AMD A10-7300 apu + Radeon R7 m265 dedicated gpu

[edited to comply with guidelines]