Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aspire s7 unknown device in Windows 10

SOLVED
Tinkerer

After updating to Windows 10 pro, everything appears to work. However, device manager shows two "unknown devices": I have no idea what I might be missing: how can I find out?

30Jan2016.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACE Trailblazer

Re: aspire s7 unknown device in Windows 10

i can't find any reference about it.....

are you sure is not an USB connected device or a remote desktop software?

https://www.google.com/search?q=*KINONIWave&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=uvCsVsalO8fSPdSTgcAH

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.
I'm not an Acer employee, i'm unemployed.
5 REPLIES
ACE Trailblazer

double click the unknow devices, choose Details tab, from the drop down menu, choose hardwareIDs, click the first string, then copy and paste it here.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.
Tinkerer

Thanks for responding - here are the hardware-IDs:

*KINONIWave

KINONIVD

ACE Trailblazer

i can't find any reference about it.....

are you sure is not an USB connected device or a remote desktop software?

https://www.google.com/search?q=*KINONIWave&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=uvCsVsalO8fSPdSTgcAH

Tinkerer

Thanks for checking, and for mentioning 'remote desktop':

I believe it has to do with EpoCam software I had installed on my Iphone and S7: it turns the Iphone into a webcam. This app is offered (c) Kinoni 2014 - so very close to the respective IDs.

I find it strange that this would present as dysfunctional devices in device manager (although the app and related desktop viewer work fine)

So, again, this must be it and I consider this inquiry closed successfully: many thanks again!

Cheers

ACE Trailblazer

you welcome.

Probably is listed as unknow because none of the devices are connected.

Announcements
Aspire GX Series

GIVE YOURSELF AN EDGE

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer