Where can I find new drivers for my Aspire R7?

Options
dandjj
dandjj Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

There doesn't seem to be new or old touchscreen drivers for my touchscreen.  I have been having trouble with my touchscreen since January 2015. My computer is now 1 1/2 years old and shouldn't be having this problem. Right now I have the touchscreen disabled so I can even use my computer. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    There are no seperate touchscreen drivers for this model, you may open device manager and expand "human interface device" and check if any USB input or HID devies rea listed there. If listed uninstall and click on Action tab in device manager and select scan for hardware changes. The uninstalled device drivers would be automatically restored. Restart and check if the touch function is working.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• dandjj
    dandjj Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thank you for replying, but I have already tried that and it doesn't fix the problem.  I have been on numerous communities on the web and have found quite a few threads with the same problem.  It seems to be the HID compliant touch sceen MS driver #6.3.9600.17041.  I think it must have somehow been corrupted when Win 8.1 loaded.  I can't seem to find this driver anywhere to re-download. Please help.

• guesswho2778
    guesswho2778 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options
    i have this problem as well and have had it now for 3 months and theres is nothing i can do apart from get a new computer as reseting it dosnt work either