When is the R7-372T going to be released in the US?

Options
chnkymnky
chnkymnky Member Posts: 8 New User

Does anyone know when the R7-372 will be released in the US?  It was supposed to be released in October, but that didn't happen...waiting for it so that I can buy one...hopefully an i7 1TB version...  :-)

Best Answer

Answers

• demichej
    demichej Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

Wondering the same exact thing...... I see that the Canadian website has 2 options. But if you go to those sites, neither one of them have them in stock yet.

http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model/NX.G8TAA.001

• demichej

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like you can get it in the US right now, and it's $100 off here:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/454085/Aspire_R7-372T-77LE_Touch_133_2-in-1_Laptop_Computer_-_Gray

• chnkymnky
    Options

Thanks!  Bummer, though...looks like Thunderbolt 3 is no longer going to be offered on the r7-372t?  Bummer if that's the case... :-(

• Matteus
    Matteus Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Don't worry, there is thunderbolt 3. I am actually now using r7-372t, bought it before christmas and it has thunderbolt 3 and everything that was promissed. Now waiting for th3 eGPU solution Smiley Wink

• demichej

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey matters, how is the keyboard on the new one? The r7-3721t had a horrific keyboard. I had to return 3 of them and then gave up
  • chnkymnky
    Options

Matteus - What country are you in?  The Acer website was recently updated and no longer lists USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 for the R7-372T - neither does the webstore listed to buy it - perhaps the one you got was from an earlier batch/run when it was still included?  Also - what resolution did you get?  WQHD (2560 x 1440) or IPS (1920 x 1080)?  I'm wondering b/c the Amazon Germany site lists the 372T w/ USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, as well as a WQHD screen, while the US Acer site doesn't list either as being available? 

Thanks!

• chnkymnky
    Options

Also - what model did you get?  The one on Amazon Germany is the R7-372T-746N and can be purchased w/ 512 GB of storage - the one on the US Acer site is the R7-372T-77LE and only comes w/ 256GB storage...

Talk about confusing...the main US Acer page for the R13  lists USB-C and Thunderbolt, but the R7-372T page no longer does...sheesh...

Thanks!

• Matteus
    Matteus Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I am in netherlands, bought it via mediamarkt, picked up the last piece, they sold out really quick Smiley Happy

I got the model with fhd screen, because was afraid of scaling issues wor bigger resolution screen in such a small size, as well as like to have more battery power. Btw, my screen is beautifull, very bright, even in brightly lit rooms I dont go over 50% brightness. also fhd helps in gaming, EVE looks great and with sufficient performance, on higher res it would definetly be a problem.

Got it with 128gb kingston, but immediatelly upgraded to double samsung 850 EVO, you can read my discussion on it in topic on raid 0 for r7-371, it was quite a brain storming, but effort was definetly worth it, now how crazy read and write speeds at 1gb/s.

Also the computer dosent heat at all during normal work fans even dont turn on, I also stress tested with special sowtware for 1h utilizing all to 100% no throtling, both cores stayed at 2599mhz all the time, cpu temps didnt go higher than 80C.

No complaints also about keyboard, no double typo issues.. feels nice easy for me to type on. but i did not have the previos model, so cant really compare that.

track pad aslo is very nice, have not had mac, but definetly the best i've used on win notebooks. ofcourse it has mentioned issues with scrolling, but it turns out to be software problem, as i have heard it also is an issue on dell laptops and other high end laptops.

• chnkymnky
    Options

Nice!  I'm hoping the US version isn't a stripped-down version of this...waiting for the specs you've got to become available...!