Touchscreen and touchpad issues after Windows 10 fresh install

2jzgte
2jzgte Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all,

Just purchased Acer Spin 3 SP315-51 and re-installed windows 10 on an SSD to have a fresh start. However every once in a while the touch screen stops recognizing most taps and it's impossible to scroll. The touchpad also stops scrolling, but still recognizes tapping. It happens every 5 minutes and comes back when I close the window and restart (Google Chrome)

Everything works properly with the OEM Windows on the stock HDD. So I figured this was a drivers problem from my fresh install, but I made sure everything was up to date and downloaded every possible update on Acer's website.

Current driver for both : 10.0.14393.351, 6/21/2006... and can't update any further with Windows.

However on my OEM WIndows install it's : 10.0.10586.420, 6/21/2006

It's not the same thing exactly, but once again I can't upgrade any further. 

Can anyone help!?

Thanks.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer

Hi,

Could you be able to Roll back the driver to 10.0.10586.420 in Device manager, sometimes older driver works better than the new driver.

Device manager, select the Device and right click, go to Properties, driver tab click Roll back driver, if it's greyed out, install the above driver manually.

• 2jzgte
    2jzgte Member Posts: 3 New User

Update : I just installed W10 anniversary update and the problem came back, which confirms it was a drivers problem. 

Unfortunately the Roll Back button is greyed out, and I can't find that driver. On the official Acer support page  I get only the touchpad driver, which I tried and doesn't help.

Is there any other way to roll back?

If not I'm taking that laptop back Smiley Sad

Thanks.