Swift 3 annoying clicking

Options
robpob
robpob Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

It's not the fan, but recently my swift 3 (which had been fine for about a month) has been making this annoying series of clicking from behind the keyboard - a sequence of about 6 clicks in quick sucession, the a second of silence, then the clicks again. It's incredibly irritating, is anyone else experiencing this/can it be fixed?

Best Answer

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓
    Options

We are not familiar with this issue but chances are it could be the hard drive that is making that noise. We suggest contacting Acer support for your region to see if they can check where the noise is coming from. If it happens rather frequently then they should be able to duplicate the issue. Please contact Acer support from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓
    Options

We are not familiar with this issue but chances are it could be the hard drive that is making that noise. We suggest contacting Acer support for your region to see if they can check where the noise is coming from. If it happens rather frequently then they should be able to duplicate the issue. Please contact Acer support from this link:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• Whooster
    Whooster Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem, started few days ago. computer is about 2 months old. Clicking noise in an intervall about six clicks and silence between. My mousepad is also doing somthing on its own. Win10 reinstall didnt help.

• mcbrown84
    mcbrown84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there, I literally just unpacked my Swift 3 and it almost immediately started clicking as well. Can you let me know what your resolution for the problem was? Thanks!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options

mcbrown84 wrote:

Hi there, I literally just unpacked my Swift 3 and it almost immediately started clicking as well. Can you let me know what your resolution for the problem was? Thanks!

Hi,

I would suggest you to return it to the seller to get a refund or a replacement.

• robpob
    robpob Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Oh mine actually stopped doing that after about a month. I'm sorry, this isn't really a helpful solution as I've got no idea why it stopped, but it's not been a problem ever since

• asnogordo
    asnogordo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just unboxed my Acer Swift 3 I5 7200U, and it started clicking as windows was booting up the first time. This stinks. Smiley Sad

• Cyril1
    Cyril1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you guys find a solution? Thanks

• mcbrown84
    mcbrown84 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Mine actually stopped on it's own too after about 2 weeks of using the computer and I haven't had any issues since. 

• AHARH
    AHARH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, is there any update/ news about the clicking issue? Mine is 4 months old an just started clicking away this morning in exactly the same clicking pattern as described - 6 clicks, second pause, and so on. Many Thanks

• Cyril1
    Cyril1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hey, I actually solved this by opening the laptop. You just unscrew and take the plastic casing out. Then on the right side right below the 2 fans there is some connector (a wide grey one) connecting the hard drive to something else. I think it's the fan slightly touching this that made the noise. So once the laptop was opened, removed a bit of dust from the fans, and slighty changed the position of this wide grey connector by trying to flatten it, and then I reclosed it, and the noise was gone. So not sure exactly what I did that made it go away, but it worked! 

Good luck!

• AHARH
    AHARH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the swift reply, I´ll give it a go. (pardon the pun!)

• lowlevel
    lowlevel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Exactly the same issue. Began like 10 minutes ago. 2 month old laptop. And who marked this thread as "solved"?! How is this solved???

• slb84
    slb84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just received my new Swift 3 yesterday. Booted it up and immediately it started making a clicking noise. 6 clicks every few seconds, sounding like it's coming from beneath the center of the keyboard. And yes, it's very annoying. It does in both on and off charge and both when the fan is running and not. It doesn't do it all the time, for example before you log in its silent. I'd swear it only did it when the HD was being accessed, but as it's SSD, that seems strange. Anyway. It's going back to Acer for a refund. Shame really, as otherwise it looks like a great laptop for the money.
  • amory
    amory Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have the same issue. Hs anyone managed to resolve it.
  • CoryCarroll
    CoryCarroll Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The response from acre was so stupid “it could be the hard drive”  it’s an ssd