S7-191 bios lock/ and what not

letitgo
letitgo Member Posts: 2 New User

Hellllo all:

I'm happy to say that S7 is my no. 7th Acer. And it is either my IT skills are deteriorating or (... u know i know, i rather not know)..

To cut the chase:

1. Bought S7 when it first launched. Nice, my no. 7th Acer! With touchscreen, COOL. Intrigued by S3 or S5 (can't remember as it was stolen) by the release button that reveals the ports and hence I bought w/o considering that i have other 5 lappie at home.
  2. S7 crashedddd... I needed help to reformat because nothing (and i repeat, NothinGGG) was left in my internal drive. And I called up Acer, what a cute response I've got after I've asked "I need to reformat my S7, it has crashed on my, its not writting my HDD and said there nothing in it). Acer CS: "Did you take down the original WINDOWS 8.0 Key?" So cute right? If i knew it's gonna crash in.. e.g...  2 min, I will definitely get my Phone ready to snap pic of it profusely.
  3. According to dictionary .com. "crash means "1. A sudden, usually drastic failure. Most often..." So, i dwload 8.1... not cracked, of, course, therefore it has this irritating pop up... all the time.
  4. Well, it failed so many times, & I cannot remember if i chabged U to Lega.
  5. One bright sunny morning, I woke to a comp that has it bios AUTOLOCKED... Trust me... I've tried all methods. Fn+F2/ Fn+Esc (whatever, you name it) ans I even removed BIOS/ Cmos batt. No used at all.. And oh, did I mention that I can't even enter the "set up mode" no matter how I tried to Fn+whatever... EVEN trying to downgrade to 7 or XP, with CD driver... HAHA! You're right, otherwise I wont be typing this...
  6. Advice?

Answers

• letitgo
    letitgo Member Posts: 2 New User

I took out the Bios/ CMos Battery... waited for an hour... i forgotten to put it back, and turned on my comp... The same prompt to ask me to enter PW? i look to my left... and my bios/CMos batt was not even plucked in?  *scratch head*