S7-191 Shuts down and won't boot, after some time with external battery

Options
Minami
Minami Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

This is an issue that's fairly simiilar to the random shutdowns experienced by some on the S7-391.

But it's significantly more annoying, and I don't think it's been discussed.

The problem occurs mainly when I plug my external battery and load it up for work the following day.

That next day, running on (both) batteries, either my S7 won't boot at all, or it will shut down at some point and it won't boot anymore.

The only way to revive my S7 is to remove the bottom lid and plug it to the A/C, although sometimes I've had luck with the old battery reset. Removing the external battery doesn't fix anything.

I've overcome the double type issue, the lousy wifi & blutooth issues, I even had Acer change my SSD after it crashed, but here I'm pretty much clueless. My only guess is that somehow the external battery, perhaps especially when moving the computer around in my packed-up bag, puts pressure on some areas and causes the same kind of issue than the loose middle screw thing, but in a worse way.

I I'm curious to see if others have had this issue.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Check Acer for a Bios update.

• abdekker12
    abdekker12 Member Posts: 33

Tinkerer

Options

I don't know if this is of any help, but it helped me with a boot problem on an Acer S7-392 using Windows 8.1.

* Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do (left side)

* Untick "Turn on fast start-up (recommended)"

- If this option is greyed out, click "Change settings that are currently disabled" at the top

* Ok to save all changes, shut down laptop

* Wait 5-10 minutes and try again

As I say, might not be related, but solved a boot up issue for me. This might be especially relevant if you have a number of slow-ish devices plugged into the computer, so perhaps try and remove all devices before powering up.

Sorry if this is not helpful.

Alain

• Minami
    Minami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I'll give it a shot, thanks.
    I'm not that keen on updating the bios, since it seems to kill S7s quite routinely.