Requesting Newer Drivers

Options
norgepiraten
norgepiraten Member Posts: 6 New User

Dear Acer, I got a brand new Acer Aspire R7 572G for Christmas. Why on earth aren't you updating the system-specified drivers continuously (at least once a year)? The newest drivers I was able to find were release on the 7th of November 2013. Thank you very much for you consideration, expertise and time! Best regards, [edited for privacy]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you having a problem with one or more of the drivers?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• norgepiraten
    norgepiraten Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thank you very much for your quick response!

No, I haven't came across any driver related issues. The computer is literally still untouched since it left the factory.

I wonder why there are fewer drivers (for fewer devices) available for Windows 8.1. Are all of the Windows 8 drivers guaranteedly compatible with Windows 8.1 as well? Should I consider installing any of them at all (manually download) or should I let Windows install all devices automatically (e.g. through Microsoft update) without my interaction? Will Acer update any of the drivers as soon as Microsoft releases Windows 10?

Wishing you a very happy and prosperous year 2015,
    David

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I haven't came across any driver related issues.>>>Should I consider installing any of them at all>>>

Unless or until  one or more driver issues are found, I'd recommend against installing any driver updates.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ