Randomly Turning Off / Possible battery or fan issue?

Options
Accalia175
Accalia175 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I have had my Acer laptop for about three years approx. It's had no issues until last September or perhaps a little before that. Other than using the laptop, I hae not done anything else with it like clean the inside, take it apart, etc. I've only cleaned the exterior when nessarccary. My problem is that when the laptop is not plugged in (charging), it randomly will shut itself off. Typically, this is whenever the fan really gets going during start-up or when I have a few too many tabs open. Also, when I try to re-start it, sometimes it will randomly shut off once again and it takes a few tries to get it going. 

I believe it may have something to do with the fan inside the laptop, but then again, I've never had issues before. The battery, however, might be the problem. Even when I have it plugged in, the cord has to be a certain way or else it won't be charging (something might be a little bent, it's hard to tell). But, I don't know if that's somthing inside the laptop causing it to shut down randomly, or the battery itself that might need replacing. 

Since this laptop is a good three years old, I was wondering if there would be any possible solutions to the problem or even why my laptop randomly shuts off if its not plugged in. This is a school laptop, though I use it for photography and on occasion, gaming. Otherwise, the most I have on here is music for iTunes. 

The laptop I have is an Acer Aspire S7-391.

Any suggestions, ideas, solultions are very much appriechated. 

Thank you.