Problems with the Brand New ACER ASPIRE S7-393

nm00209
nm00209 Member Posts: 1 New User

Just got my hands on the brand new model from the Acer Aspire S7 series. This being the Acer Aspire S7-393. Although the specs of this model are very impressive, I feel as though Acer have completely NEGLECTED various issues that people had been complaining about from the previous models (S7-391 and S7-392). 

I have three main issues with the Acer Aspire S7-393, and have only managed to resolve one so far! So am hoping to get some answers on here.

1) Wifi dropping: The WIFI would drop every couple of minutes whilst other devices on the network remained connected, i would have to reset the network adapter every time to reconnect to WIFI. I managed to resolve this issue after a hours of research, but it is still very annoying when you have purchased a new laptop and have to spend so much time actually getting it to work before you can really enjoy it. 

• I downloaded the Intel Driver update utility program onto my laptop and installed the Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers to the latest version (17.13.11.5)
  • I changed the property of the Network Adapter to 20 mhz only (instead of auto)

2) Adaptive Brightness: Adaptive Brightness is a good concept, but not when it doesnt work correctly. My screen seems to be flashing in sets of three's to brighten or dim my screen almost every minute, regardless of what lighting I am using the laptop in. Upon opening a tab the screen will increase its brightness and upon closing it, it will dim. It isnt a subtle change either, which would be tolerable; but it is a vast increase or a dramatic drop. This is very irritating and no matter how hard I try it keeps coming back and will not turn off. This is what I have tried so far:

• I have set Adaptive Brightness to 'OFF' on the Acer Quick access menu (under optimised display scaling).
  • I have set 'Enable Adaptive Brightness' under power options to 'OFF' for both on battery and plugged in for all three power options (Balanced, Power Saver and High Performance).
  • I have disabled the Sensor Monitoring Service (by opening services.msc via run)
  • And finally I have disabled power saving technology via the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

I thought all of these steps had resolved the problem of adaptive brightness, however upon restarting the PC the 'Power Saving technology' on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel resets itself to 'ENABLE' and then the adaptive brightness is back! This is really exhausting and I want a solution.

3) Backlighting on the Keyboard: The backlighting on the keyboard is very pretty and was one of the features of the Acer Aspire S7-393 I was hoping would have been updated and the issue of the buzzing would be resolved. However when the backlit keyboard is on (on both the lower and higher setting) there is a very annoying buzzing sound, equivalent to being very close to a bee or mosquito. This has been an issue with the Acer Aspire S7-392 and I was hoping it would have been resolved by now. I find myself constantly turning off the Backlit Keyboard (by pressing Fn + I), therefore it is essentialy as if I do not have a backlit keyboard, which is a shame as I do enjoy using this feature (minus the annoying buzzing sounds).  I also would like a solution for this problem.

I really do love Acer, but when you are anticipating the release of the new PC for months and pay £1,300 for it, one is expecting to recieve a brilliant machine that is not loaded with the same previously unsolved problems.
I hope Acer get back to me soon with some solutions.
Kind Regards.

Answers