New Acer Swift 5 Error

NahuelMS
NahuelMS Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
A friend of mine buy a notebook in amazon for me. We are not from the us and he will bringth it to me to Argentina. We turn on the noteboot for the first time, start registration process and suddenly it Says: ",An error was found, pc need restart, collecting data" with a sad face, all in a blue screen. The notebook restart and we keep the process of registering. We where testing it and suddenly it happen again a second time and it restart again. We keep testing it for five minutes but he don't have to much time to test it so we powered it down.
Is this normal? Should I return it? My friend is living in two days so i am short of time and here in Argentina i think Accer will not acknowledge it nor fix it.

Thanks a lot! Sorry for my bad English.

Answers

• NahuelMS
    NahuelMS Member Posts: 2 New User
    A friend of mine went to the US and pick an Acer Swift 5 that i buyed from amazon. He them bringth it to me in Argentina where i live. Start using the notebook and it restarted 2 times in an hour. Check the SDD, fine. Check battery fine. Finally did a Ram Test and it says there is a hardware problem. So basically i am now in argentina with a 750 U$D + tax paperweigth.
    How is it posible that a notebook with this price don't even get a Ram check in the QC line? I am very dissapointed.
    Also i write a treadh in Acer forums asking is this was normal, because the first time it boot it restart. No one answer. Oracle 2017 best support, LOL. Same as QC.

Thanks.