New ACER ASPIRE R5 571TG - Screen won't auto rotate

Options
unsunghero74
unsunghero74 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello All

I am a new owner of the ACER Aspire R5 571 TG since last month. It came with Windows 10 if you did not know :-)

One of my issues right now is that in tablet mode, or any mode for that mattter, the screen won't auto-rotate.

I searched on google, youtube, here, I know i have the correct settings (in the notifications and in the display setting), I tied everything, and yet it won't rotate....very annoying.

By the way, it never worked, out of the box it as not working

Thanks for your help

Stephane

Answers

• CaryR
    CaryR Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi,

Mine had the same issue.  I tried downloading updated chip drivers and thoguht I had it solved, but didn't.  I powered off the unit from windows and wait for the unit to totally shutdown.  The blue ligh next to the on/off push button must also be off. Close the lid and turn the unit over. On the bottom you will see a little hole where you can stick a paperclip to activate a reset.  Hold it for at least 15 seconds.  When you power up, it should be back to normal.  

I continued to have problems until I discovered when the problem would occur.  It seems it occurs if you use the on/off button when the display is not in the normal laptop mode.  So I always make sure if I'm using the laptop in the tent or tablet mode, to put the display back at 90 degrees and then pree the on/off button or power down.  I haven't had a problem since I started doing this except if I forgot to return to the normal PC mode.

I know this isn't a cure but I think it will help.  I'm not sure if loading the new chipset helped or not.  You may want to update it anyway.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

If you rotate the display past 180 degrees (tablet mode) does the keyboard still work ? My R3 shuts the keyboard and touchpad off then.

• CaryR
    Options

Yes, the keboard and touch pad shut down because it thinks you are using it in tent or pad modes

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

When I fold my R3 display back over 180 degrees, two things displayed on the screen briefly

- a crude image of a tablet

- the words "autorotate on"

when closed to 90 degrees, an image of a keyboard appeared.

That is what it is supposed to do, was asking Unsung if that R5 does it.

• CaryR
    Options

Sorry about the confusion.

Yes, I have the same thing happen which means the sensors are working.  

I contacted Acer this morning and they want me to do a system restore.  I know I did that initially but they want it again to determine if it's a hardware issue.  I'll need to do a full backup first.  I'm not in a hurry to do it.