Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the battery in an Aspire R14 (R5-471T) user replaceable? What is the max RAM for this unit?

Is the battery in an Aspire R14 (R5-471T) user replaceable? What is the max RAM for this unit?

New User

Can the R5-471T battery be replaced by the user?  If so how?

Can the RAM be upgraded on this unit?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
ACE Pathfinder

Re: Is the battery in an Aspire R14 (R5-471T) user replaceable? What is the max RAM for this unit?

seadoc67,

The battery is not considered user replaceable as far as Acer is concerned, it can be done though.

The memory is onboard memory and is not able to be upgraded.

Useful links: US Driver Downloads I Knowledge Base Articles I Service Locations
Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

New User

Re: Is the battery in an Aspire R14 (R5-471T) user replaceable? What is the max RAM for this unit?

Sorry for the question, but are you saying that I can not installed extra 8GB RAM to this laptop? I would like to have 16GB total.

Also, I would like to know if I can Install a second SSD or HDD to this laptop. 

Thank you for your help.

ACE Pathfinder

josemanuelsh,

This notebook does not have a memory slot to add additional memory, correct.

I also do not see anything that supports the addition of a SSD or HDD to the notebook.

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

New User

so you have to bring it somewhere to have the battery changed?  Is this expensive?

ACE Pathfinder

DarleneON,

Depending on your technical skill and patience it can be done by you, but if you break it that will not be a good thing. I would suggest that you ask on these forums if you wish to do so, someone might be able to provide you a step by step possibly that has already did so.

Troubleshooter

I just bought the R14 as well and am disappointed it's another sealed battery, like my last Aspire Timeline-x.  After FOUR years (I usually leave it plugged in at home) it's now giving a battery replace warning and while I was able to find a video online on how to do it, it is extremely cumbersome.  You basically have to disassemble the entire laptop.  Search online for a video.

New User

The battery in this model isn't hard to get at. Just remove the 12 Philips screws on the bottom and carefully pry off the bottom cover. The battery is secured with two Philips screws and has a connector to the mainboard. I lifted mine out the other day just to see what was underneath (answer: not much.)

Whether you can get a suitable replacement, I don't know. Perhaps by the time the battery dies there will be options.

As was said, the RAM is soldered in and not upgradeable, but 8GB is plenty for most purposes. There is no room for a second SSD. The internal SSD is an M.2 card.  You can replace this with any M.2 SATA SSD in the 2280 form factor. The only other internal slot is the Mini-PCIe connector for the WiFi adapter.

Steve

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to highlight a user that joined the Community just 3 months ago and in that short amount of time has already authored more than 25 solutions and ranked up to Valued Contributor. Congratulations Flx, keep up the good work!

Total Posts Written: 345
Total Kudos Received: 78
Solutions Accepted: 26

Flx
Valued Contributor Flx

Valued Contributor