I have an Acer Aspire R5. The touch screen stopped working and there is not driver installed now.

RBSPC
RBSPC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

My touch screen stopped working. I followed some of the advice on this forum but was unable to find the HID Touch Screen in the Device manager. I then tried to find the driver for the touch screen, but it was not there. I search Acer Drivers, but there was no driver available. Where can i get the driver for the touch screen, or find the maker of the touch screen to download it from their site.

Answers

• bfloor3
    bfloor3 Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the exact same problem Here's something you can try:

1. Launch the Acer Care Center;

2. Go to Service and Support (if not already there);

3. It will ask for your serial number, but also provide an automated way of finding it. Use it, then copy your serial number and paste it into the search box, and click Find;

4. This will take you to a Drivers and Manuals page that will again ask for your serial number (or at least it did me). Just paste it in again. You will be taken to the page for your specific model;

5. Click the Drivers option -- lots of them will appear;

6. Scroll down till you find the touchpad driver. There may be more than one. I chose to install the first one, which is the Synaptics one;

7. As soon as it completed, the touchpad was again functional on my R15.

Good luck!

Bill