Failing to clean Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire R5 571TG

dak2014
dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

So it all came to this:

I was going to restart my Acer and suddenly it got stuck on "Preparing for Repair" forever and it didnt stop. So I got my usb stick and put a Windows 10 setup boot on it.

It worked the first time very well but then my Acer froze and the Preparing for Repair loop was beginning again....

After that I have tried to Windows 10 setup boot it and it says "missing drivers" on the Windows 10 Setup...

Ive tried so many ways, i have tried to use the drivers that are on https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IL/content/support-product/6761?b=1 and it wont work. im very desperate. I could send it for repair since its on warranty but I want to fix it myself in some way. I dont know why it is doing this..

I have the Acer for 4 months.

Thanks if someone helps

Best Answer

• dak2014
    Answer ✓

well i have contacted acer and they told me that they can send me a replacement HDD since i am still in my warranty year. hopefully that solves the problem.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think it's better if you contact Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • dak2014

I still have 8 months of Warranty. Does Acer cover that type of problem in their Warranty?

• IronFly

i think they do, but you can give them a call and check it by yourself.

i don't have experience on case like yours.

• dak2014

Ok i have called the technical support. They said that i would have to send it for repair. But would an eRecovery Thumb Drive from Acer work to fix the problem?

• IronFly

honestly not sure a simple Acer recovery USB can fix your problem.

• dak2014

This is what happens when i want to custom install windows 10This is what happens when i want to custom install windows 10When i click on he first option. it restarts the pc and nothing happens. I choose the second option.When i click on he first option. it restarts the pc and nothing happens. I choose the second option.

I dont know why the pictures are turned around lol sorry.

Also that device is the bootable USB to even start the windows setup.

And also i can see my HDD on the BIOS but it does not show up on the windows setup. Missing drivers? what drivers do i need  to get?

• IronFly

at language/keyboard selection

press Shift+F10 keys

on command prompt type

diskpart

list disk

please post a screenshot of this screen

• dak2014

Ok. I have kindof fixed the problem by Installing Windows 10 on my external HD that has 500gb. Now i dont want to live like this forever. BTW Ironfly i have done all of that and that wont work. I am now on my acer with windows installed on the external HD. I was hoping to see my internal HDD on the windows explorer but no success. also checked the device manager and there it says "unknown device" also no hardware ID so i cant look for updates or drivers. Is it just dead and i have to buy a new 1? If yes then which HDD would fit in replacement? I need at least a 500gb internal HDD.

thanks ironfly for replying everytime Smiley Tongue youre the best

• IronFly

as i already told you, send it to Acer support service.

• dak2014
    Answer ✓

well i have contacted acer and they told me that they can send me a replacement HDD since i am still in my warranty year. hopefully that solves the problem.

• donwags
    donwags Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same issue.  I believe it is a failed hard drive.  I was willing to replace the hard drive myself, but asked Acer to send me recovery/OS software.  They refused and requested I send my computer to them for repair.  Terrible customer service in my opinion...

• dak2014

They can send you a hard drive replacement if youre still in the 1 year warranty. You just have to ship the old hard drive back to them. Yeah the recovery software you have to pay for that.. its like $40 i think, cant remember. 

[inappropriate content removed]