Erecovery from flash drive not working - just hangs.

Options
SanPedro
SanPedro Member Posts: 18 New User

Hi I have nera 2 year old S3, running Win7. It has a 256Gb SSD. I think the model is a 591... the barcode label is illegible now.

It's been crashing a lot recently and more glitches were appearing, such as the wi-fi adaptor not working, then working again and then not working. Blue screens, system freezes.

So I deceided it needed a fresh install.

I had already created a flash drive boot, so put that in, changed the boot order and restarted the machine.

I get to the erecovery screens, choose language and what restore option I wanted... so I chose the preserve data option.

Press go and the progress bars just sit there... nothing happening. I leave it for 10 mintes or so, still nothing happening. Figure it must have crashed. Hit restart and boot into recovery mode again. So I choose the erase everything option and press go... and nothing at all happens now.

I can't boot back to the old system as I get a 'bootmgr missing' message.

Could the SSD be goosed?

TIA

Chris

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

If you press ALT+F10 at boot, without recovery drive, are you able to start erecovery?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rollingrockmoe
    rollingrockmoe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

u have 1 of 2 things happening ,,a worm that is overriding windows or the hd ending ,,u need to stop the system with the power button and boot with boot drive in ,,,then if it dont read u need to adjust the boot cycle to read the boot drive first then u can factory refresh or what u want to do ,,hope hack is not fighting this too,,they are getting slick now