Does the Acer Aspire R 14 have open GL

Options
jlucero1
jlucero1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Can the Acer Aspire R 14 run the software Enscape? It's minimum requirements are:

Graphics card

You need an NVIDIA or AMD graphics chip (OpenGL 4.2 compatible) with a minimum of 2GB memory:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460/Quadro 2000 and newer
  • AMD Radeon HD 6800 series/FirePro W5000 and newer

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Nvidia Quadro or AMD FirePro series are professional graphic boards for workstations and Autodesk Revit is a big software too. I have a doubt but you can perhaps check the OpenGL version like this.

What model do you own exactly?

France
  • jlucero1
    Options
    We were looking for something that was close to a tablet perhaps something that was close to the Microsoft Windows Surface Book Pro. I was told that the Aspire R 14 would be a less expensive option so I relayed that to my boss without checking for myself. I can't seem to find any information on whether the Acer Aspire R14 will work. That's why I'm inquiring specifically about that model.
  • jlucero1
    Options
  • laurent_14
    Options

Honestly we can't compare an Aspire R14 to these mobile workstations which cost between 1500 and 3200EUR.

My opinion:

You'll work on bigger and bigger projects so your choice will be quickly "saturated". I also work/worked with CAD sofwares and always use/used them on workstations.

About OpenGL, I made a mistake. You can check which version is supported in this list:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005524.html

France