Does Acer Aspire S 13 support *extended* dual display?

Options
damian5000
damian5000 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

Can I extend the display? Or is it just mirroring?

Also, is it possible to replace/upgrade the M.2 SSD in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Press Win-P with all displays connected and see your choices

• damian5000
    Options
    Thanks Padgett, but haven't bought it yet. This is why I'm asking. I require that functionality. Anybody know?
  • damian5000
    Options
    Still waiting for an answer to this. I assume it can. Just want to confirm.
  • padgett
    Options

OK are you talking dual external displays (would require a docking station) or one external extended display plus the laptop ? The later will run from an HDMI port. (and I have a box of HDMI, VGA, and DVI adapters). I do show the S5-371 as having a

HDMI® port with HDCP support

I do not have a S13 but have both a Targus and a Mediasonic docking station either of which allow me to run two external displays, both "extended". Plus another display from the HDMI port, plus the internal display on any of my portable devices including a W510 tablet, SW12, and R11.

• damian5000
    Options
    I mean having laptop showing one thing and external display showing another. I'm fairly sure this is no problem. More up to Windows than the notebook itself. Just was trying to make sure before plopping down $800.
  • padgett
    Options

Sure as long as you mean two (or more) windows apps, one on each screen and not two different operating systems at the same time. (In theory could be supported by different cores but have never seen it done).