Dead pixel space R7

Options
djav1
djav1 Member Posts: 1 New User

My parents and I purchase an ACER Aspire R7 August of 2013. I have had some problems with it. We have sent it back twice already. The first repair was because the unit would randomly shutoff and would not stay on when connected to the charger. So we sent it back in November of 2013 and ACER tech support reset the unit back to  it's initial factory setting. The second repair was because the keyboard stopped working. So we sent it back in May of 2014. Tech support said it was a software issue. I am not sure how it was repaired. Since we got it back, it has worked. I take very good care of my laptop. It has never been dropped or anything spilled on the keyboard or the touch screen. When tech support received my unit they commented on how good it looks and still does. Now, when I am getting ready to go back to college the touch screen has a 2.5 inch column of dead pixel space on the left  side.  This problem occured before I upgraded to Windows 10. So come Monday I will be calling ACER tech support to see how to resolve this issue. I would also just like to know if there is anything I can do before my unit has to go back. I really like my R7 laptop. My parents do not have money to throw away and  I really would like for our investment to last.

Djav1