Dead Aspire S7-391

Options
Crick
Crick Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

OK so continuing with my posts about this S7....

Bought this thing as a fixer upper thinking it was just a broken screen and got more than i bargained for! Replaced the cracked screen, hard drive and charger and its dead as a door nail! (while costing me a pretty penny!)

I'm hoping to get some info on what it might be.

Initially, when I plugged in the charger, the orange charging light came on (on its own) for a short while then turned blue. I was able to power it on but nothing happened. If i pulled the charger out it died.

Now, when I plug in the charger, the blue battery light comes on with the power light right away. When I pull the charger out, both lights go out.

During anything I've tried, the fans have not came on. The most I've got is the LEDs lighting up.

Would anyone have any idea what to look at next? Is this a dead motherboard?

Only other thing i've checked is the motherboard battery. I disconnected it and measured 2.7V across it which i'll assume is fine.

Can't think of anything else to check. I'd really like to get this thing up and running since i've spent so much on it. Seems like a total waste and i'll not get anywhere near what i paid for it if i sell it on again.

Answers