Complaint - regarding customer service

allisonsanders
allisonsanders Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. 

Summary:

I purchased an Acer laptop on 09/23/2017 (Acer Spin 3 SP315-51-34CS), which I discovered was broken at home when I took it out of the box and tried to turn it on. Acer told me to send it to the Acer Repair Center in Texas – which was misinformation, as I live in Thailand and have since been told that I should’ve had it repaired at the Acer Repair Center in Asia – and it took several hours on the phone with 5 different customer service representatives to get the shipping label for repairs in Texas, and Acer is now refusing to cover shipping to Thailand.  This is for the laptop that I paid $544.36 and was broken upon purchase, and I have still not been informed when I can expect to have a functioning laptop.

Detailed description:

While I was recently in New York City for work, I purchased an Acer laptop from P.C. Richard & Son (590 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY) on 09/23/2017.  When I opened it at my apartment the following day (09/24/2017), I discovered that the charger didn't connect to the computer properly (it was too loose, didn't appear to be the right fit), so I called the store to try to return it.  They informed me that there is a 1-year warranty for the laptop, and that upon purchase I was obligated to handle repairs directly with Acer, through the 1-year warranty.  I then called the Acer Customer Service phone number provided in the box it came in.  That is the first of 5 Acer Customer Service Representatives I spoke with that week. 

1. This first representative tried to help me troubleshoot by resetting the power from the bottom of the laptop to turn it on, but that did not work. So it appears that there were problems with both the charger and the computer itself upon purchase.  I had to go to the airport in order to fly to my home in Thailand within a few hours, so this representative asked me to leave the computer with a friend in New York who would be able to mail it to the Acer Repair Center in Texas, and she said that it would then be sent to me in Thailand.  I asked for a shipping label, and she said she needed to request it from her supervisor, who was not available.  We agreed that she would call me back in 2 hours in order to gather my information for the shipping label once she had confirmation from her supervisor, but she never called back.

2. At the airport when I didn’t receive the agreed upon phone call from Acer, I called the line again and spoke with Customer Service Rep 2. This person said that in order to help me, I needed to submit the Proof of Purchase via their website (csapps.acer.com/pop) and then call back once I completed this step. I said I was happy to provide that information over the phone and that this was yet another phone call I needed to make in order to have a laptop fixed that was broken upon purchase.  She insisted that I complete the online submission, refused to give me a direct phone number to call back on, and hung up.

3. I completed the online submission and called back Acer Customer Service, where I had to explain the entire situation once more to Customer Service Rep 3. Her name was Ariana and she was the only kind Representative I spoke with throughout this process.  However, she informed me that I had to wait 48 hours for the Proof of Purchase submission to be completed through their website, and that I would need to call back in 48 hours.  She tried to expedite this, but was unable to, and said it required authorization from her supervisor, who was not available.  So after speaking with 3 different representatives, I still did not have a shipping label to have the laptop that was broken upon purchase sent away for repair.

4. On 26/09/2017, after 48 hours and still without the new laptop I just paid $544.36 for that weekend, I spoke with Customer Service Representative 4. I asked to speak with his supervisor so that someone could give me the shipping label to have it sent away for repairs, but he proceeded to ask me questions about this situation for 45 minutes.  He also said that the online Proof of Purchase wasn’t necessary, that it wasn’t actually processed (saying that what he needed was a registration number he never explained to me where to find), and that it wasn’t possible to mail my repaired laptop to my home in Thailand.  He said he didn’t know what to advise me and that he’d need to connect me to a supervisor after all.  He put me on hold for a total of 30 minutes before I could speak with a supervisor.

5. Customer Service Representative 5, the supervisor I finally spoke with, told me that the laptop could not be sent to my home in Thailand, that the first Rep I spoke with had misinformed me when she advised me to leave the laptop with my friend in New York who would mail it away for repair – that instead, I should have brought it to Thailand, where it could have been shipped away for repair in Asia. I replied that I would have brought it with me if I had not been misinformed by his Acer colleague, and so now it is only reasonable for Acer to ship it from the repair center in Texas to my address in Thailand. He then proceeded to insist very rudely that Acer is absolutely not responsible for any part of this situation (referring to both the laptop broken upon purchase and the misinformed, unhelpful customer service since), and that I would need to personally pay for the shipping from Texas or New York to Thailand.  After an extremely unagreeable exchange wherein he refused to assist any part of helping me get a functioning laptop, I asked to speak with another supervisor.  He said that it wasn’t possible, that he was the highest-ranking supervisor.  I asked to speak with at least someone else because he didn’t seem to understand the situation or ways of solving it, at which point he agreed and said he’d need to put me on hold, and when I asked for how long, he said, “Actually I wasn’t going to connect with you someone else, I was just going to have a look online.”  It was evident that he was going to place the call on hold in order to only pretend to ask for help from a colleague.  It was such a rude, unhelpful, and upsetting exchange that I agreed to complete the shipping label information for New York – Texas – back to New York (not back to Thailand after all), and then I asked how to file a complaint with Acer.  He told me that there is not a formal complaint process, which I have discovered is not true, as I found complaint information on the Acer website. 

Today (10/01/2017), the computer is currently at the Repair Center in Texas, and I would like to speak with someone from Acer who will arrange the shipping payment for the laptop to Thailand, as soon as possible, as I still do not have the laptop I just purchased a week ago, and have had to spend 4 hours on the phone with various representatives who have not provided appropriate customer service.  I would also like to file a formal complaint about my exchange with the 5th Customer Service Representative, whose name is Robert and whose employee number is #****** - based on lack of basic customer service, lying about placing me on hold, and also lying about Acer not having complaint processes (so that this incident with him would not be reported).  

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Answers

• tom1234
    tom1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2018
    Hello i cant find the central Taiwan Acer email if you can forward this email to the appropriate division it would be nice.I live in Greece in Europe and i bought the acer predator Z321QU monitor before 3 weeks for 762 euros as a brand new sealed product from ebay from Germany.It came and it was defective the monitor at the top bezel was not tied with the rest of the body as you can see in the pictures i send to you.I contacted Acer Greece through telephone and they said they dont replace it they just have to send it to Acer Italy srl to fix it.They received it in Italy service center at 25 of september.Now its one week with no information and i have no screen to work with.I think its not something so difficult to be fixed in more than one working day.Please contact with them and help me take as soon as possible my new screen fixed back.The case id is ********and the S/N is  **********************. i asked for my screen to come back today and they didnt send it back.What is this?Do i have to go to XXXXXXX?What kind of company is this?  

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
  • vino
    vino Member Posts: 3 New User
    i am from uae,i required an acer product,there is no proper platform for acer products or support in uae,and is limited to some of the officials personal interest,after frequent interactions the excecutives even stopped respond,acer should look into the issue.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @tom1234 & @vino   As soon as you opened the box and discovered the defects, these devices should have been returned as quickly as possible to the vendors for refunds or replacements. Acer warranty service on such recent purchases should be avoided if vendor return policies are reasonable 2-3 weeks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi tom1234, i am sorry to hear your having issues with your monitor. Please keep in that posting a thread on the proper forum it improves its visibility to the public where you can receive better attention and response, also i want to clarify that the Acer community is not a direct portal to customer service and is not design for customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations requestOn the other hand, the response time on any repair can take approximately 10-15 business days, the repair time will depend on the availability of the spare part in case the equipment requires it (1-4 weeks if a part needs to be ordered).

Hi 
    vino, are you trying to purchase a product or you're trying to get an Acer product repaired? What is the number that you contact the Acer executives or what channels did you used for this interactions?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 

• AliFahad
    AliFahad Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sir in my pc acer veriton it does not show its serial number i try to autodetect but it does not show serial number or SNID
  • JackE
    AliFahadPress the WIN+R. Enter 'cmd.exe'. Enter 'wmic bios get serialnumber'. The result is the veriton's SNID. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bimalkp
    bimalkp Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    I'm accer fan.  I got my accer (R3-471T-54T1 Mfd.2014/10/26) 2 years ago. The decision of purchasing accer disappointed me after 9 months of purchasing the product. The battery was not charging while pluging in. When I report the problem to local dealer, he responded and got replaced the battery. I'm happy that it was working again.
    But after one and half year, the problem again got repeated. I go to dealer in Kathmandu to repair my laptop. He does not respond me so i'm registering the complint hereby.
    What is this ? is it a really a product defaults or defects of battery ? I just want may answer and repairing of my product.
    Hoping your quick and honest response in this regards.

Sincerly yours;

Er. KP Bimal

• JackE
    If you did not buy extended warranty and want to determine if the battery, charger or laptop is defective, I suggest that you try this link
    https://1computer-service-center.business.site/   or phone them at 977-1-4780611 for an evaluation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Paivalikepanchayath
    Paivalikepanchayath Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    Acer product was not working properly since last 3 months. Supplier not responding also.Machine S/N: UXB1JSI617XXXXXXXXXX BIOS: P21-A0 / WO#9763 please take action immediately.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Paivalikepanchayath,

I am sorry to hear that your Acer product is not working properly. Can you please briefly detail the issues you're experiencing, so you can receive better attention and response to your query?   

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • urcompanyistrash
    urcompanyistrash Member Posts: 1 New User
    I purchased a montior from Acer on 3/29/20 where they said shipping would take about 3-5 days. acer never sent me an email confirming that my package had been shipped i had to personally go out of my way 2 DAYS later to ask where my confirmation and shipping details were. so now after setting my package up for notifications through Fedex which is a HORRIBLE shipping company and makes me even regret purchasing from you people in the first place, on top of that i had gotten one message on 4/1/20 that my package was OUT FOR DELIVERY. not waiting at facility not still in transit it was going to be out for delivery and it was not. I then get a message at the end of the day saying my package will be delivered the next day. so now it is 4/2/20 and i have gotten a message saying that my package is again OUT FOR DELIVERY at 4:30am. now i am home all day and i get no package, but instead i get another message saying my package that was out for delivery is now going to be delivered on 4/6/20. an entire 4 more days later and when i call fedex and asked what happened they tell me “oh we forgot to put it on the truck”. how is that acceptable in any circumstance for the shipping company that you use to lie to your customers 2 day’s in a row and when i call and complain they say they just forgot. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. so now i have to wait over a week for a package that should have arrived within 5 days like i was INFORMED. your company lies to people. your company is rude and unfair. your company doesn’t even have a phone number that we can call because we have to have a stupid SSIN or confirmation number from your stupid website? how ridiculous are you guys that you can’t even help your customers with simple customer service calls it’s truly pathetic. so now i want you guys to make it available to pick up my package because the company you chose is incapable of doing so. and if you refuse to let me go pickup my package that you have been holding from me then i want an immediate refund. this company is an absolute joke 
  • JackE
    Sorry, you've posted to an ACER users forum, not an ACER employee customer service link. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Also, it sounds like your complaint is with FedEx instead of with Acer. Be aware that with the coronavirus lock down all shipping companies are experiencing delays and errors they normally wouldn't have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Sorry, neither Billsey nor I meant to sound like it was OK. You've posted to a forum for ACER users just like you, me & Billsey. So it's likely to be read only by ACER users just like you, me & Billsey. We're not ACER employees or customer service here. Not even FedEX employees or customer service. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited April 2020
    Hi,

We are sorry to hear about our costumers having issue with delivery of a unit, especially during the COVID 19. We also would like to  clarify that the Acer community is not a direct portal to customer service and is not design for customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations requestOn the other hand, the response time on any repair can take approximately 10-15 business days, the repair time will depend on the availability of the spare part in case the equipment requires it (1-4 weeks if a part needs to be ordered).

If you are having delivery issue with your purchased, please contact the shipping carrier or contact Acer support center if you have questions.
    This thread will be closed do to being an older and inactive thread. Thank you for your understand.
    Regards.
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
This discussion has been closed.