Aspire s7 cannot access SAMBA shares over Site-to-Site VPN via Ethernet

Options
Acercomusername
Acercomusername Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have a very odd situation. We have two office sites, A and B, connected via Cisco ASA 5510 site-to-site VPN. This tunnel has been up and working perfectly for years.

We purchased a bunch of Acer Aspire s7 laptops at the remote site "B" and they're unable to access Linux SAMBA shares at site A via the provided "Realtek USB FE Family Controller" Ethernet dongle adapter OR wireless.

All other laptops/desktops at site B can access the SAMBA shares at site A via Ethernet or wireless just fine.

Here is the strange part. I created a new mini test network (VLAN2) at site B and put all the wireless access points on that LAN, and now the Acer's can access the SAMBA shares at site A. I also hard-wired an Acer with the Realtek USB Ethernet dongle into this new VLAN2 and I CAN access the SAMBA shares at site A. So it turns out the dongles are woring fine.

So, how do I troubleshoot the "main" network that the Acer's don't work on? It's just bizzare because they're able to access Windows shares at Site A and pretty much everything else. ???

Thanks!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Any limit on trusted/allowed connections on the first VPN?

Any rule about allowed/disallowed IP or MAC address on VPN?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Acercomusername
    Acercomusername Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Huh? No restrictions. Based on your question, and what I have said, how would you go about double checking this? I mean, there is a rule, and it is configured in the crypto map. That is how ALL computers are able to communicate with each other on each end. That is... ALL computers except the Acers.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

it depends on how the VPN was created, on watchguard firewalls you can create rules about IP or MAC Addresses.

By the way, it's a strange issue, the only thing i can suggest is to create a new VPN as you did, check if this works with all the PCs and deleted the old VPN.

I'm not an Acer employee.