Aspire Ultrabook touch screen not responding

bigmutt
bigmutt Member Posts: 8 New User

If your touch screen is not responding to your touch, try this:

try looking at Device Manager,  if there's a yellow-flagged item and/or no driver for touch screen under HID (human interface device)  then you have to add it. 
click on the yellow flag item, tell it to update driver from list from your computer,   go to Generic drivers, not the Acer ones, choose the one that's called HID touch screen,  update it,  restart, and there you go.
check another post here on this forum,  from scotsman.  he gives the steps maybe a little better than I do

Acer tech supoort were useless, as usual,  and told me I had to do a Restore.  They are worse than useless, actually, since they waste tons of your time and then all they can tell you is to do a complete restore.

When will Acer ever get decent tech support people?

When you look at Amazon reviews, for example, under my particular laptop,  you find over a hundred reviews,  large percent being rather negative,  but you'll notice that it's mostly over bad experiences with Acer tech support.   and this is for a thousand dollar machine !!

I personally believe that Acer makes good hardware but what's holding them back is their tech support:  it's horrible !!!

Answers