Aspire S7 sd port for extra on board storage that fits the 14mm port

Options
ManRayHop
ManRayHop Member Posts: 2 New User

The S7 has the smallest sd port known to man its tiny. The average sd card is 24x32mm (32 long) the sd port in this little guy is only 14mm leaving 18mm of sd card hanging out.  I wanted to use this port as and onboard additional storage port Like mac users do with Nifty MiniDrives.  But none would fit a couple days ago I found a company called theminidrive that makes a 14mm microSD card adapter called the NANO that is exactly this size. They say its the smallest in the world they also have a NANO 128GB SDcard that they say is the worlds smallest at 128GB its 15mm.  I got the adapter and a fast Samsung 64gb card and it works great and is flush.   If anyone is looking for a solution this is the best one I have been able to find. The 128gb at 15mm also looks promising and speeds are listed as fast

hope this helps someone.   I posted it somewhere else but thought a general post might help save someone the month search and trial and error and cost looking buying etc here a link if your curious adapter and 128GB