Aspire S7-392 Issues with SSDs

mjtaryan
mjtaryan Member Posts: 27 New User
Okay, now that my S7 is out of warranty I swapped out my 128gb ssd for a 1tb ssd without a hitch -- almost.

1. I want to use the original ssd as external storage. The drive when I removed it had 73gb of 103gb used. With the old ssd in the external case I went to my partition software and it said the TOTAL space was only 59gb. I wiped the drive and still only have those 59gbs. So, my question is, how do I recover the rest of the space (128gb - whatever is used in the formatting)?
2. On the new 1tb ssd, the main (Windows) partition has something like 930gb of unused space. I want to shorten that partition to 160gb with the balance to be a new, separate data partition. But, when I tried to resize the partition with my software, it created problems such that Windows would no longer boot. Luckily I made a backup of the drive before trying to modify the partition size. So, now I'm looking for recommendations for partition software that is excellent, works with Win10, is not too expensive and will do what I want to do without producing errors or problems.

Thanks.