Aspire R7 572G having a black screen after windows 8.1 update. What should I do

Options
MingYuen78
MingYuen78 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

Hi all,

Im wondering, anybody encounter this problem before, Im having trouble with this black screen after boot, it happened yesterday I think microsoft must have updated some of the drivers rendering my screen black after booting. Initially i thought it was my SSD but it turns out i can enter into Safe Mode. 

I read more about this problem related to other PCs, and try the recommended method of "disabling" the Intel GMA HD drivers. It worked, however, it only means the primary driver is now reduced to a standard video graphic card with limited vram. 

I have tried rolling back and even redownloading then reinstalling the intel driver into the version VGA_Intel_9.18.10.3215. The blackscreen after boot still occured. Did i miss something?

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • MingYuen78
    Options

Gee, thanks man. That driver worked like charm now. Does the driver of NVIDIA need to be specifically OEM related as well? i think i might need the latest for nvidia, star craft 2 is lagging on me.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you welcome.

About nVidia, sometimes OEM driver is better for some configurations but....we know that the latest from nVidia will have better performance on some games.

So, it's up to you to try it. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MingYuen78
    Options

I finally found some consistent solution after surviving multiple times of these blackscreen problems. This is my latest findings based on Aspire R7 - 572 G Symptom

---------------

- Blackscreen after boot from BIOS Acer Logo

- Upon reaching the Windows 10 login screen, all screen turn black

- You can see LED power still on and some sound playing in the background. But just the screen died.

- Battery reset (using a pin to poke on a battery reset function (hole that has a battery eject symbol at the back of the laptop)  5 secs doesnt work.

- Able to reach safe mode after few try of restarting.

- Installing OEM older drivers may not work.

- Latest Microsoft 10 64bit with latest patch dated @ 13-3-2017

Solution

--------------

- Goto safe mode. Reinstall Intel HD Graphics as Microsoft Display Drivers.

- Restart the machine. Your display should return. However, without Intel HD drivers your secondary Nvidia Display wont work well and functionalities like brightness and hdmi out wont work either. But hey at least you can work with your laptop.

- Usually, this problem may be fixed if Windows does another driver update but, if you cant wait you can try out this tool.

- DDU : Display Drivers Uninstaller from guru3D.com; install it and wipe the display drivers clean. It will also clean up old and corrupted registry entries of the many Intel Drivers we installed in previous years. Of all the solutions I tried on the net. DDU has a highest chance of succeeded in restoring your display functionalities particularly if you are using the same model as I am R7-572g. Exact steps are documented here

Just sharing this out; hopefully it will help same model users