Aspire R7-572 Wifi Card Issues

Options
james161davis
james161davis Member Posts: 4 New User

I purchased an Acer Aspire R7-572 from Best Buy and recieved it yesterday. I absolutely love the computer and everything about it EXCEPT the Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Network Card. I can only get good internet connection when I am 2ft away from the router and when I am 20 feet away, it seems to be a 35/65 ratio of me connecting to the internet. I have reset my computer and have updated drivers. The problem still occurs. I may order and install an Intel Network 7260.HMWG WiFi Wireless-AC 7260 H/T Dual Band 2x2 AC+Bluetooth HMC card and replace the faulty one. Does anyone else have better solutions or are experiencing the same problem with their R7-572?

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

We first recommend you to check if you are facing the connectivity issue only with your Aspire R7-572 or with other Wi-Fi-enabled devices as well. To check this, you can try connecting to Wi-Fi (if you have not done this already) any other devices like your smartphone, tablet etc. If you are facing connectivity issue on all the devices, you may need to recheck the router settings and configure them to the recommended ones. To know more about these settings, you can refer to the user manual of your router.

If you are facing the connectivity issue only with your Aspire R7-572, you may need to check if there are any obstacles between your laptop and the router when you try to connect to Wi-Fi from a distance of more than 2 feet. Some of the common obstacles include walls, cordless phones, Bluetooth-enabled devices, microwave ovens, other Wi-Fi networks in the range etc. Such obstacles may affect the wireless connectivity signals sent out by your router. If you have any such obstacles, you can try getting rid of them and then see if that resolves your connectivity issue.

If none of the above steps resolve your issue you may need to check if there is any hardware issue with your device. To check this, you can contact Acer for further support as your device is under warranty. To contact Acer, you can refer the following link:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• james161davis
    Options

I have contacted Acer support and they were no help. It is not my router, but the faulty Broadcom card (known for isssues) inside the PC. I have moved my router but it is still useless. 

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

There are a number of threads with suggested "fixes".

Make sur you read through these like the ones below

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-R7-Wifi-Fix/m-p/222375#U222375

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Poor-WiFi-on-new-Aspire-R7-572-SOLVED-You-need-to-DISABLE-WiFi-s/m-p/218313/highlight/true#M36213

There are a few settings you can change in the card driver from device manager worth trying.

• james161davis
    Options

Tried everything and have read every R7 post on the forum and still I face this issue. 

• scrambler
    scrambler Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Is your router a recent ac router or only N or a, b, g ?

If not an ac router, you may want to test with one of these and see if that would make things better. If it does, price wise you may be better off with replacing the internal card rather than using a different router.

Now if the card is bad and you are under warranty, you should be able to get it fixed by Acer.

• james161davis
    Options

I have a new  Intel 7260 card ordered. http://www.amazon.com/7260HMW-IEEE-802-11ac-Express-Bluetooth/dp/B00E7QGHE6/ref=pd_cp_pc_0  I have an Xfinity Modem/Router in use. I am not sure if it is AC or the other but since I need it to be wifi capable at school, I am ordering a more reliable card. 

• stevey500
    stevey500 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Has anyone had issues with the 7260 n or AC card preventing Windows 8.1 from sleep and waking? I CANNOT get my P645 Travelmate to sleep/wake in Windows 8.1 unless I disable the Intel 7260 card in device manager.