Aspire R5-471T sound out of one channel only (headphone)

Options
rustyh
rustyh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi.

My Aspire is about 3 months old and I am hoping someone has a fix other than what the Acer Care people told me - to do a complete reset.

When watching a movie or listening to music there is sound only out of the left channel. Both channels are in the left headphone. I've tried other headphones and it's the same. There is stereo through the laptop speakers.

I've tried all of the settings. I bought two laptops at the same time and the other one is fine and has the same settings.

I think it is hardware, but I'll try anything at the moment before I do a complete reset.

Thanks

Russell

Best Answer

• rustyh
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved. Took laptop back to the seller and got a replacement under warranty.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i think it's more related to an hardware issue too but a reset is worth a try, just to exclude a software issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rustyh
    Options

Thanks for the advice. I've tracked it down to headphones only.... and yep I think it is hardware too... I'll give it few days for a solution, then do the reset...

Cheers

IronFly wrote:

i think it's more related to an hardware issue too but a reset is worth a try, just to exclude a software issue.

• rustyh
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Problem solved. Took laptop back to the seller and got a replacement under warranty.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Good to hear it.

I'm not an Acer employee.