Aspire R5-471T screen only vertical lines on wakeup

My_Username
My_Username Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

When my computer wakes from sleep the screen is just vertical lines. I haven't found any key combinations to fix it. Sometimes it goes away after several minutes. Usually I have to hold in the power button to turn it off and and back on and then it works fine. I see others have the same problem , but I haven't been able to find a solution, yet. Does anyway know what's going on and how I can fix it? IMG_20171002_202405181.jpg

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Roll back the display driver and disable Windows updating the VGA driver automatically.

Please find the full instructions in this thread:http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-R14-Pink-screen/m-p/529683#M2608

• stanley99
    stanley99 Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same problem in my Acer R13 R7-372T graphics Intel HD 520. However, I had to restore the old driver using the Restore Point because tried install the old driver downloaded from Acer site reported an error. Also, I completely blocked Windows Update. See link to thread in the post above.

• nogaR14
    nogaR14 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Thank you!  this solution in above link worked on my Acer Aspire R 471T.  Fixed - steps: Looked at Windows Update History and saw driver was updated recently by Windows.  Used the preinstalled Acer Care Center app: Support button/Drivers and Manuals "click here" - opens web page for Acer support site. Enter serial number, then Search; click on Drivers and Manuals; Click on Drivers, scroll down to see VGA drivers. It showed the older one, 20.19.15.4444 from 2016. Used Download link, then installed this driver version over the newer one (you will be prompted first to verity the overwrite).   Everything works fine now in Sleep mode after restart, no more vertical lines.