Aspire R3-131t-p73t win10 freeze when on battery only

Options
flutterby441
flutterby441 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives
Hi all
Daughters acer aspire is playing up after what I presume was an 8 hour windows update.
It now freezes after a few minutes of running on the battery(full charge). Absolutely nothing works, the cursor will not work either. As I write this it makes me think of it going to sleep but the screen stays on.
The only way to shut it down is via power button.
if you plug it back into power and turn on it works fine.

Any thoughts.

Cheers

Best Answer

• flutterby441
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have changed a power setting.
    Curently on balanced, went into advanced. It had the hard drive turning off after 2 min, i thought that was only after it went idle. Changed it to 15min,same as plugged in.
    Cant test it just yet as daughter is writing an essay on it.

Answers

• flutterby441
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Have changed a power setting.
    Curently on balanced, went into advanced. It had the hard drive turning off after 2 min, i thought that was only after it went idle. Changed it to 15min,same as plugged in.
    Cant test it just yet as daughter is writing an essay on it.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

When/if it locks, see if it responds to Ctrl-Alt-Del.

• flutterby441
    Options
    Nothing at all. Only the power button works to turn it off.
    I have still not tested the power setting changes yet as daughter has heaps of stuff open on it for her research and dont want to mess anything up.
  • flutterby441
    Options
    NOT FIXED. Well spoke to soon. After about 2 min it totally freezes. No keys work. Mouse in op as well as toich screen.
  • padgett
    Options

Hopefully it is still under warrenty, is sounding like either a hardware issoe or a bad battery.

• flutterby441
    Options
    Its funny how it started just after the windows update.
    As for the battery,can be on full charge. Shut it down after a freeze and restart on battery, shows a next to full battery.
    The screen would likely turn off too with a bad battery.
    Probably like bloody phone updates, stuff things that worked fine before!
  • padgett
    Options

OK, if not a battery then likely a loop somewhere. Do you have a system image from before the update ?

• never20old
    never20old Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same problem since Win 10 update.Will only turn on if plugged in. Battery shows fully charged .

• bayside
    bayside Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

sorry, new to this, but i have the same laptop wiht exactly the same problem after the windows 10 update

• adams0606
    adams0606 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I am having the same issue.  Have tried changing the battery setting.  Why is this thread/issue marked as resolved?  Judging by the number of hits that came up when searching this issue is a regular occurrence for this model.